ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?  (Read 45890 times)

Dave Rickard

Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Try real music ot develope brain cells
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »

jack smith wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 04:21

I'm glad you can find my adhd funny, because I dont find it funny.

I found the cartoon funny.

I was labeled back in the late 1960's.  We called just called it "hyperactive" back then.  The advised treatment was Ritalin.  My parents instead chose to treat it with topical doses of pine to my back pockets, like parents have done for eons.  It's worked for gazillions of kids!

Everybody has something to overcome.  Stop playing the victim.  Start making noise.

No offense intended.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2009, 08:04:56 AM »

Dave Rickard wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 13:18

[ The advised treatment was Ritalin.  My parents instead chose to treat it with topical doses of pine to my back pockets, like parents have done for eons.  It's worked for gazillions of kids!

And there in lies the root of many of todays problems-NOT ENOUGH of the pine (or hickory stick) to the rear end. Laughing

My Grandmother used to make me go choose a "switch" and if I did not get a good enough one-BOY was I EVER in trouble then Shocked

The classrooms would be so much better if teachers (or at least principals) were allowed to discipline with pain.  Worked for me Laughing  

They are just full of kids who, once they realize the teacher really can't do anything to them-run the classrooms.

That's goona get this thread locked Laughing
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Bob Leonard

« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 08:04

[ The advised treatment was Ritalin.  My parents instead chose to treat it with topical doses of pine to my back pockets, like parents have done for eons.  It's worked for gazillions of kids!

And there in lies the root of many of todays problems-NOT ENOUGH of the pine (or hickory stick) to the rear end. Laughing

My Grandmother used to make me go choose a "switch" and if I did not get a good enough one-BOY was I EVER in trouble then Shocked

The classrooms would be so much better if teachers (or at least principals) were allowed to discipline with pain.  Worked for me Laughing  

They are just full of kids who, once they realize the teacher really can't do anything to them-run the classrooms.

Maybe not locked. I agree that a certain amount of corporal punishment is what's needed. Growing up in my era was far different than today, I'll agree to that, but discipline really shouldn't be that much different. I never met a kid who had an attention deficit problem, but I did know plenty of kids who just didn't pay attention, screwed around, or otherwise couldn't do what they were told. That is until Mom and Dad were called in and let the beatings begin. That was usually when little Johnny realised he better tow the line. Both my daughters knew what a whack on the ass was all about, both understand there is punishment for wrong, both now are doing just fine with life. What the world needs is a good dose of 75 year old nun with a ruler, yardstick or pointer. We could just send them out in herds, free from reprisal, to whack the crap out of anyone doing wrong, one city at a time.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

jack smith

« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 07:04

I'm affraid children with the same as me, aspergers syndrome and adhd hit back regardless of how big a person is. Children with aspergers are known to lash out on ANYONE so it'd be no good if teachers were aloud to discipline with pain. My daughter has aspergers, just like me and when the teachers speak her wrong, she feels intimidated and nervous like all people with aspergers do to a point, then she suddenly lashes out with no fear at all of the person she's lashing out at. I told them she's got aspergers but they dont understand, nor do they want to. Its a known fact that you NEVER pin a child in a corner because he or she will get finally get scared and just want it to become over so badly that the only way out of the situation is through the person telling them off or hassling them.

I was like that when younger, in my 20's, a lad use to pick on me. I tried finding a way out of it until he got me in town 1 day and pinned me in a corner, a proper corner at the back of a shop, and so I asked him to leave me alone. He wouldn't so I saw 1 way out, and that was through him, and suddenly exploded with rage, knocked him down and tried strangling him to death sqeezing as hard as I could until he was going blue, then a friend dragged me off and I tried to run for him again and was bite his nose off, litterally, I wanted his blood. Thats how I saw as being the only way to stop him bullying me. I'm still like it today. My next door neighbour picked on me and intimidated me for over a year until he pushed me, and I ran into my house, got a metal hoover (vacuum cleaner) pipe and ran outside and smashed him in the face with it 5 times and kept doing it until a stranger pulled me off. His face was well bloody. I saw that as the only way to stop the torment.I went to court and my lawyer said I had aspergers and they let me off with a fine. I shouldn't be telling you guys this, i'm too open.

Anyway, I think this has gone way past the point of talking about subwoofers. I think, personally this topic should be locked and closed.

Drew West

« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »

I didn't see that one coming...   Shocked
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.

~ #1 Dave Matthews fan.

Tom Reid

« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2009, 01:56:55 PM »

I raised three daughters.
2 were diagnosed with ADHD.
The two required different treatment.
While one would understand the consequences of her actions, they other would not care.  For her it required a different stick and carrot.

Both are functioning well in society today as a testament to my patients.  So often we tend to generalize.  I'm guilty of it too.  Statement like most people, or all of them do this are just cop outs in some cases (hmmm a generalization of a generalization).  Focus on the individual.  With time one can figure out what works or doesn't.

Now I'm not gonna get all Father Flannigan on ya'll but I've never seen a kid who is genuinely bad.  
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

jack smith

« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »

Tom Reid wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 12:56

I raised three daughters.
2 were diagnosed with ADHD.
The two required different treatment.
While one would understand the consequences of her actions, they other would not care.  For her it required a different stick and carrot.

Both are functioning well in society today as a testament to my patients.  So often we tend to generalize.  I'm guilty of it too.  Statement like most people, or all of them do this are just cop outs in some cases (hmmm a generalization of a generalization).  Focus on the individual.  With time one can figure out what works or doesn't.

Now I'm not gonna get all Father Flannigan on ya'll but I've never seen a kid who is genuinely bad.  

Well I know my daughter who has aspergers and adhd isn't bad, neither am I. We just are both very much alike and suffer from the same thing, and get picked on, judged by people for the  way we act and speak and people just dont seem to care or want to understand. It seems easier and less time consuming for people to just stand there and point the finger at me and say "he's a bad seed" or look on me as a trouble causer or scum, when i've never onced caused trouble. Trouble comes looking for me, so I run away, and when it follows me, I run faster asking to be left alone, then when it starts catching up with me I turn round and chop its head off.

I've always been judge for acting like that, but I cant help it. People play with fire and then blame people like me when I burn them for it.

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2010, 03:55:38 AM »

Oh cool, I knew this 4 month old thread was worth bumping back up...

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Scott Smith

Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2010, 07:24:15 AM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Wed, 24 February 2010 03:55

Oh cool, I knew this 4 month old thread was worth bumping back up...Evan

+1  Just what was missing from 5 pages of a 2009 discussion... a newbie DJ perspective.. Shocked
"Percussive Maintenance" - Bang on it until it works!
Scott Smith, South Florida - MIXING OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.