ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?  (Read 46327 times)

Drew West

Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?-ONCE AGAIN!!!
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »

Quote:

no dj touches any controls apart from the dj mixer channel faders and gain controls, but tell them how much to go upto, and NOT beyond

I have a hard time believing that works. Telling a hard-headed DJ how much he can turn up his equipment... They always seem to want it louder, when you give them their check the fader is at a normal level, but at the end of the day it's always all the way up.

Does he think that the sound guy doesn't notice when he turns up?
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.

~ #1 Dave Matthews fan.

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »

Charlie Jeal wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 11:09

Lets face it guys Jack isnt anywhere as annoying as Tim Duffin is/was.

Charlie

True, but maybe Tim's liquid cooled subs would be right for Jack.  Laughing
Ryan Jenkins
"Two days until the end of when I don't know what to think.  Three days until I start the cycle all over again!"

Please visit my website at http://www.murphygirl.com

Jeff Wheeler

Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2009, 02:48:58 PM »

jack smith wrote on Thu, 08 October 2009 16:52

I like the idea of a QSC PLX-3102 because it gives the subs 3k each.

I believe Silas tried to point this out and it got lost in the discussion of how best to keep idiot DJs from blowing up your gear.  You can read the amp output specs yourself here: http://www.qsc.com/products/amps/plx2/  It is not a 3000w/ch amp but perhaps you mean you'll bridge one amp into each sub, which is sensible given that you don't want your only subwoofer amplifier to experience a problem during a gig and then go without bass.  I don't own PLX amps but I read mixed feelings about them on subs.

If you really want to keep idiot DJs from blowing up your gear you should put security panels on your racks and bi-amp your tops so the HF drivers can't be blown up by clip distortion, or pay someone to babysit said idiot DJs.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »

jack smith wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 13:48

[
You're getting me all wrong. I AM listening to what people say, its just that I have a very hard time understanding it all, and also have a lot of trouble with concentration, probably due to my adhd.

Is it me or does every DJ who "doesn't get it" or is obnoxious claim to have ADHD. Laughing

If that is truly the case-there is no point in trying to explain it as they cannot pay attention long enough to "get it".  So just let them go their own way and do what they want.

They will anyway.

For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Bob Leonard

« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 14:37

Charlie

I've been following but have standby this week and very little time. You both suck. It took over a year to forget about Duffin, so all I can say now is "Bus driver, stop here and let my friend Jack off."
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Charlie Jeal

• http://www.beyondthedarkside.com
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »

Sorry I revived the nightmare Bob, I just thought it might put jack in perspective.

Charlie
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others !!

jack smith

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2009, 11:14:33 AM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 16:31

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 14:37

Charlie

I've been following but have standby this week and very little time. You both suck. It took over a year to forget about Duffin, so all I can say now is "Bus driver, stop here and let my friend Jack off."

Finally someone who's sticking up for me getting bullied. I cant help that I have adhd, I find simple things hard to understand due to lack on concentration.

Bob Leonard

« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »

Charlie Jeal wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 18:17

Sorry I revived the nightmare Bob, I just thought it might put jack in perspective.

Charlie

Jack,
Some of that was tongue in cheek, maybe not. But here's what you need to do. Take your thoughts, write them down on paper, go over them, combine them with any listening tests or comparisons you've made, and make a decision.

This thread could go on forever and nothing will be accomplished, other than those who may have an answer for a valid question in the future might be very hesitant to respond for fear of writing the second addition of this novel. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.
Smile
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Ivan Beaver

Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Try real music ot develope brain cells
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »

jack smith wrote on Sat, 10 October 2009 11:14

Finally someone who's sticking up for me getting bullied. I cant help that I have adhd, I find simple things hard to understand due to lack on concentration.

Then just give up trying to understand.  If you admit that you cannot/will not understand-then asking the same questions over and over again and again will not get you anywhere.  You STILL will not get it.

Maybe if you listened to some real music it would help to change the way your brain "thinks" and would allow some more brain cells to develop and then some of this might sink in.

Brains that are "exercised" are known to be smarter.  Mindless repetitive "noise" does not help any. Laughing

For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

jack smith

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2009, 01:03:54 PM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Sat, 10 October 2009 10:25

Charlie Jeal wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 18:17

Charlie

Jack,
Some of that was tongue in cheek, maybe not. But here's what you need to do. Take your thoughts, write them down on paper, go over them, combine them with any listening tests or comparisons you've made, and make a decision.

This thread could go on forever and nothing will be accomplished, other than those who may have an answer for a valid question in the future might be very hesitant to respond for fear of writing the second addition of this novel. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.
Smile

Ok thanks bob.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.