ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?  (Read 39416 times)

jack smith

Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2009, 11:02:41 am »

What do you mean solid source of power? How could I find out if I do. We have 220v olver here in the uk, and the venue I do parties at has a few wall sockets (obviously). I try and use a socket on its own for the amplifiers, but in the smalle venue where I do my parties, thats very difficult so I have to use a 6 way trailing socket and plug the amp into that as well as other equipment like the crossover etc...

jack smith

Re: JBL SRX-728 or EV QRX-218? Which best for my music style?-ONCE AGAIN!!!
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2009, 11:08:34 am »

Tom Reid wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 10:00

jack smith wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 09:00

Oh I get ya, yeah. Its ok, i've never had a single dj touch anything I told them not to, so they never turn it up. I use fear to control djs who play on my system. They know that I set the level, if they turn it up anymore than what I say, they get kicked off the decks and told to leave, and also get told in a way that makes them tremble what will happen if they break anything of mine. That way I dont have to pay for expensive limiters or dsp with limiters to keep levels under control.I check the levels every 5 minutes, I always have done, always will. I adore my equipment and if anyone abuses it, I take it like they're abusing my children. The punishment is very brutal and severe, but I wont go into that on here.

The thread that won't die ...

Amps like the Itech and the XTI have front panel lockouts.
I believe on the xti you just lock out the DSP.
I dunno about the Itech I haven't been able to afford one yet.
Instilling fear and being intimidating works a lot of the times.
It's the %5 of the time it doesn't work that cost money.

Well i've not had a single dj in over 10 years mess with anything. We had a lad who wasn't a dj cause trouble by telling another lad he was gonna punch him, so we just took him outside and beat him up. If there's any more than a simple lad causing trouble then we have serious backup in the way of very dangerous friends who do things I cannot say about on this forum. But anwyay, my parties seem to go excellent every single time. But anyway, tom I understand that you want this topic closed so let me say thank you for everyone who's given me advice. Now you can close the topic if you want.

Tom Reid

« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2009, 11:15:36 am »

You misunderstand.
A thread dies when it dies.
I have no desire to say any topic closed.
When people stop discussing, nothing is learned.
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

John Horvath

• http://www.alanproaudio.com
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2009, 12:17:27 pm »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 08:53

No, what he is saying is that if you keep you amp attenuators wide open then some fucking stupid ass DJ wont be able to turn them up any further resulting in the destruction of your gear.  Remember that the typical EDM dj is a stupid fuck and they WILL turn up past your first red light and they will turn up your amps if you turn your back and they don't give a fuck because it's not their gear!  That's also the reason that you don't want to give a stupid fuck the controls while you are powering your subs with too much power.  It's one thing for an experienced user to do it but not so smart for EDM DJs.

You need to hang out at the study hall for about six months and read everything in there!

Holy fuck, Ryan, I think that's a fucking record !!

Laughing
-John

Alan Pro Audio
219-769-3600

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2009, 12:23:14 pm »

So if your gear and "system of protection" is working fine for you, then why are you asking questions about gear.

I find it interesting that in one thread you talk about using good limiters and "speaker protectors" and then in this thread you talk about how you are proud that you don't have to.

So what happens if you keep pushing your output capabilities and then something fails-do you just shoot the DJ on the spot?  I know a lot of people would like to do that Laughing

It sounds like you are all set and have lots of experience doing this. Rolling Eyes

Just wondering-what is your current system-not the one you would like to have-but what do you use NOW?  And be honest. Maybe I missed that somewhere.  
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2009, 12:47:04 pm »

John Horvath wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 09:17

Laughing

Yeah, I usually try not to use as many profanities online as Andy P. but this OP is really starting to seem like he doesn't listen to anyone with more experience than himself.  We had one of them around here a couple years ago and I think they finally let him back in but didn't they block his IP for a while or something like that.
Ryan Jenkins
"Two days until the end of when I don't know what to think.  Three days until I start the cycle all over again!"

Please visit my website at http://www.murphygirl.com

John Norris

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2009, 01:34:57 pm »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 12:47

Laughing

Yeah, I usually try not to use as many profanities online as Andy P. but this OP is really starting to seem like he doesn't listen to anyone with more experience than himself.  We had one of them around here a couple years ago and I think they finally let him back in but didn't they block his IP for a while or something like that.

This thread is good Guy Ritchie material, don't you think?

"I spent m'whole fookin' giro on this shite and ya done fried it. Now I'm gonna doof ya, I'm gonna doof ya good".

jack smith

« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2009, 01:45:57 pm »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 11:23

So if your gear and "system of protection" is working fine for you, then why are you asking questions about gear.

I find it interesting that in one thread you talk about using good limiters and "speaker protectors" and then in this thread you talk about how you are proud that you don't have to.

So what happens if you keep pushing your output capabilities and then something fails-do you just shoot the DJ on the spot?  I know a lot of people would like to do that Laughing

It sounds like you are all set and have lots of experience doing this. Rolling Eyes

Just wondering-what is your current system-not the one you would like to have-but what do you use NOW?  And be honest. Maybe I missed that somewhere.  

Because  I was thinking about buying a loudpseaker management system with good limiters in it, but upto now i've made damn sure that no dj touches any controls apart from the dj mixer channel faders and gain controls, but tell them how much to go upto, and NOT beyond

jack smith

« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2009, 01:48:16 pm »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS wrote on Fri, 09 October 2009 11:47

Laughing

You're getting me all wrong. I AM listening to what people say, its just that I have a very hard time understanding it all, and also have a lot of trouble with concentration, probably due to my adhd. I am rtying to understand what is being told to me. Stop thinking i'm a troll or something.

Charlie Jeal

• http://www.beyondthedarkside.com
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2009, 02:09:26 pm »

Lets face it guys Jack isnt anywhere as annoying as Tim Duffin is/was.

Charlie
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others !!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.