ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie TT24 Officially Discontinued  (Read 6870 times)

Daniel Cash

Mackie TT24 Officially Discontinued
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »

As a user and owner of this board, I have been waiting for the official word from Mackie. It appeared today in a very subtle manner, by moving the TT24 info page from the products page to the discontinued products technical support page.

see:
http://www.mackie.com/support/downloads/discontinued.html

I this is unfortunate... it just crashed this morning on me during live use.  ugh...a very long 10 second reboot.

Drew West

Re: Mackie TT24 Officially Discontinued
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:29:02 AM »

Daniel Cash wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 23:18

... it just crashed this morning on me during live use.  ugh...a very long 10 second reboot.

Ouch, happened to me one time too... I wanted to crawl under a table.
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.

~ #1 Dave Matthews fan.

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

• http://cobrasound.com
Re: Mackie TT24 Officially Discontinued
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »

Aside from a few hiccups, my TT24 has performed pretty well for me. It's very hard to beat at its price point.  I'm disappointed by this news as well, I think Mackie had a decent product if they would just keep refining it.  Loud probably lost their shirt on the deal after just investing in the System 32 enhancements...

Jeff
Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

Greg Cameron

• http://www.cameronproaudio.com
Re: Mackie TT24 Officially NOT Discontinued
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »

Apparently someone screwed up on the Mackie site and moved the TT to the discontinued section. Here's a post from Ben at Mackie on their forums:

FYI, the TT24 was mistakenly moved to our disconitnued products section by our new webmaster. We didn't realize it until you all spotted it. It's back now. We are definitely still supporting the console and are in fact working on a release to fix a bug with card slot B that appears to have been introduced with beta build 109.
Thanks

--------------------
Product Manager - Sound Reinforcement
www.mackie.com
US: 800-258-6883
Everywhere Else: 425-487-4333

Personally I think it's about time they discontinue it and come out with something newer and more solid. It's been 5 years and they still haven't worked out all the bugs.

Greg
Cameron Pro Audio.

"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:23:41 PM »

Greg Cameron wrote on Wed, 30 September 2009 17:01

Personally I think it's about time they discontinue it and come out with something newer and more solid. It's been 5 years and they still haven't worked out all the bugs.

Greg

It's called the EAW UMX.96  [/snark]
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Greg Cameron

• http://www.cameronproaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »

I suspect that's how they shot themselves in the foot aside from manufacturing & supply problems - they moved the TT team to the UMX project. UMX failed and nothing significant was done to improve the TT durning that time which was the real potential cash cow. Just bad decisions all around.

Greg
Cameron Pro Audio.

"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 07:24:14 PM »

Greg Cameron wrote on Wed, 30 September 2009 18:01

FYI, the TT24 was mistakenly moved to our disconitnued products section by our new webmaster. We didn't realize it until you all spotted it. It's back now. We are definitely still supporting the console and are in fact working on a release to fix a bug with card slot B that appears to have been introduced with beta build 109.
Thanks

--------------------
www.mackie.com

When the only digital mixer you've ever managed to ship in any quantity, briefly the darling of the weekend warrior and regional soundco, is mistakenly listed as discontinued and everyone says "finally", perhaps it's time to give up the ghost. Loud had a brief window before the introduction of Yamaha's LS9-32 during which Mackie could have taken a large share of the low end digital market, but that time has come and gone. Hell, I've seen more of the Roland product at this point than the TT-24.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »

What will really hurt?  The UMX96 project scraped at s/n 004.

That's gotta be expensive.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Peter Morris

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 02:59:48 AM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Thu, 01 October 2009 00:24

Greg Cameron wrote on Wed, 30 September 2009 18:01

Thanks

--------------------
www.mackie.com

When the only digital mixer you've ever managed to ship in any quantity, briefly the darling of the weekend warrior and regional soundco, is mistakenly listed as discontinued and everyone says "finally", perhaps it's time to give up the ghost. Loud had a brief window before the introduction of Yamaha's LS9-32 during which Mackie could have taken a large share of the low end digital market, but that time has come and gone. Hell, I've seen more of the Roland product at this point than the TT-24.

Yeah but … "finally" mines works perfectly … despite Loud Technologies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ViEQBwmFE&feature=relat ed

Peter

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.