ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MAC and System Architect  (Read 5183 times)

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Re: MAC and System Architect
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »

Jourdan Martin wrote on Fri, 07 August 2009 11:27

Ok...now I'll show my ignorance. Is boot camp already on my machine (stock with OSX) or is it a separate program I will need to pick up. if it is on my machine how do I utilize it.

The Boot Camp Assistant should be in your Applications/Utilities folder. Run it and follow the directions. You will need a proper Windows XP install disk.

As to how to utilize it, RTFM. There is a wealth of info on the Apple web site.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Riley Casey

• http://www.ESPsound.com
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 03:33:50 PM »

And just to add insult to injury, when OS 10.5 Leopard came out the 10.4 Tiger version of Bootcamp was EOL'd so you have to upgrade to 10.5 to install it.

Andy Peters wrote on Fri, 07 August 2009 15:26

Jourdan Martin wrote on Fri, 07 August 2009 11:27

Ok...now I'll show my ignorance. Is boot camp already on my machine (stock with OSX) or is it a separate program I will need to pick up. if it is on my machine how do I utilize it.

The Boot Camp Assistant should be in your Applications/Utilities folder. Run it and follow the directions. You will need a proper Windows XP install disk.

As to how to utilize it, RTFM. There is a wealth of info on the Apple web site.

-a

Laurence Nefzger

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »

Just noticed this old thread as I was struggling to get my virtualized (VMware Fusion) Windows XP Pro to recognize Crown Xti amps via System Architect (2.0) or the recently released Band Manager apps.

After many hours of investigation I discovered that the Crown Xti looks to the OS like an HID (Human Interface Device)i.e. a keyboard or mouse. Typically HID are controlled by the host of the virtual OS and so are filtered from view or control by the virtual os. The fix is to edit the config file of VMware (.vmx) to show all USB connections in the settings tool bar and allow the the choice to connect to them via the virtual environment.

Here are the steps to do it:

Editing configuration file for VMware Fusion to allow HID (USB) devices to be connected by virtual machine.  
This was specifically to allow System Architect and Band Manager (Crown HiQNet) connect to Crown amps via USB in the virtual operating system. In my case it is Windows XP Pro.

Be sure to exit the virtual host and close the VMware application before editing this file.

One must edit the VMX config file. Which is found by navigating the following path:

~/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/Boot Camp/%2Fdev%2Fdisk0/Boot Camp partition

Note that the path starts in your user directory and may or may not include the path elements that are Boot Camp specific depending whether or not you are using a Boot Camp partition.

Steps to edit VMX config file

Right click (control click) file: "Boot Camp partition"
Select "Show Package Contents"

Highlight "Boot Camp partition.vmx"
For safety I made a copy of this file which I saved to my desktop.
Right click (control click) and select "Open with"
Choose "Other" then browse to text edit application of choice
Use any text editor application. I used the Apple supplied TextEdit app.

I added this line:
usb.generic.allowHID = "TRUE"

I put this after the line:
usb.autoConnect.device0 = "path:4/0/1 autoclean:1"

Save file. Quit text editor.

When virtual machine is relaunched one will see all the USB connections in the Tool Bar and one is able to choose to connect to those USB devices in the virtual machine (specifically).

I hope this addresses your issue!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.