ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singapore F1 Rocks...Anyone know what happened?  (Read 18018 times)

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

• http://www.5pointeps.com
Singapore F1 Rocks...Anyone know what happened?
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »

Apparently PA went completely dead during No Doubts set?
JP
Jonathan 'JP' Peirce
5 Point Event Production Services, LLC
http://www.5PointEPS.com

Jephry Cheong

• http://www.events-engineering.com
Re: Singapore F1 Rocks...Anyone know what happened?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »

The organizer has reported a power trip on the sound system
Jephry Cheong
Events Engineering
Singapore
www.events-engineering.com

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »

I would think that at this level, they should have been prepared for that. They certainly are prepared if the LIGHTS go out!
JP
Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

Randy Frierson

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:26:23 PM »

be careful JP i wanted more info on a like subject and got roasted...I still feel at this level of performer things like this should never happen, i know it does but usually Not...R

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »

Randy-

The reason you got roasted is because you went after the audio provider with pitchforks and torches.

At some point a provider is not in control of what a venue or promoter employee does.  That's what happened at Sturgis, and if the guy signing my check tells his electrician to use our power I presume he understands the implications of such an order.  If I were aware of such a thing, I'd complain about it but in the end the client is in charge of his venue.

Lawsuits and demands for ticket refunds will be what ends this kind of electrical silliness.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Randy Frierson

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 03:05:10 PM »

I may have not made myself succinctly clear but i really only wanted more info, yes i wanted to know who the provider was so i could contact them and get the real facts, you and i both know that usually when providing for a act such as a Aerosmith this would not be a normal occurrence and it just seemed to me that there was to much info coming out that didn't really apply, we never did find out who the provider was or what kind of system was provided? are you saying that the providers boss ok's the addition to the power?  just want to be clear...

have a great day   Randy

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »

Randy Frierson wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 14:05

I may have not made myself succinctly clear but i really only wanted more info, yes i wanted to know who the provider was so i could contact them and get the real facts, you and i both know that usually when providing for a act such as a Aerosmith this would not be a normal occurrence and it just seemed to me that there was to much info coming out that didn't really apply, we never did find out who the provider was or what kind of system was provided? are you saying that the providers boss ok's the addition to the power?  just want to be clear...

have a great day   Randy

No, Randy, that is NOT what I said.

What I did say was: At some point the provider can be one-upped by HIS EMPLOYER, the PROMOTER.  If the PROMOTER send HIS electrician to do a power tap for catering, what can the provider do, stop the show?  Nope.  And in the case of Sturgis it's unlikely the provider was consulted or informed as to what was being done.

NEVER did I say anyone from the provider approved this.  

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »

Randy Frierson wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 14:26

be careful JP i wanted more info on a like subject and got roasted...R

Yeah I know, I was going to ask you to get to the bottom of it! Razz

But seriously- they spent MILLIONS on lighting the track, with massive redundancy, and the whole marriage of the concerts and F1 had more MILLIONS invested. Performances by No Doubt, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, plus BIG asian performers (Ah Mei, who I love  Very Happy) etc...

Not sure of exact numbers, but the worldwide F1 audience has to be *close* to the Superbowl audience. Can you imagine if the PA died at the Superbowl halftime show?

JP

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

The Guy

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 15:31

Can you imagine if the PA died at the Superbowl halftime show?

JP

If the TV feeds were still active, I'm sure the show would continue and the tens of millions of viewers would be none the wiser.  If they lost the TV feed, they'd probably cut to commercial and ultimately resume the football game that everyone is there to watch in the first place.

-J

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 12:31

Not sure of exact numbers, but the worldwide F1 audience has to be *close* to the Superbowl audience. Can you imagine if the PA died at the Superbowl halftime show?

JP

I am not a motorsports fan at all but I will watch F1 racing when it's on TV.  It is the only motor sports other than motocross racing that is exciting to me.

From what I have heard, but don't know for sure, the worldwide audience of F1 racing is way higher than the superbowl although the superbowl is more of a USA audience.
Ryan Jenkins
"Two days until the end of when I don't know what to think.  Three days until I start the cycle all over again!"

Please visit my website at http://www.murphygirl.com

ZhaoLi Seow

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 01:07:40 AM »

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around in this forum for a while but with apologies, never posted anything. I'm from Singapore and I was at the concert.

To clarify, the power did not go out on the No Doubt set. The show went smoothly. However the power did went out on one of the earlier nights which featured Asian artists. The MI and monitor world were running of the same distro and the ELCB on the distro tripped in the middle of the second artist's show during the performance of one of the artist. When the ELCB tripped, power was killed to the MI and monitor world.

The remaining 3 artist of the night did not face any power issues even though they were running on the same distro with the same amount of gear in the monitor world, but with changes to the MI setup.

The 2nd and 3rd night went smoothly and the ELCB on the distro was bypassed just as a precaution by the show electrician.

Dave Stevens

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 03:36:03 AM »

Not sure of exact numbers, but the worldwide F1 audience has to be *close* to the Superbowl audience.

F1 has a worldwide audience of about 600 million.  Or about twice the population of the US.  Or more than six times what the Superbowl draws.  F1 is the second most popular sport in the world.

F1 rocks is not part of the FIA race program but a promotional event for the Singapore GP sponsored by LG.  Comparisons to a Superbowl halftime show are well off the mark.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Marjan Milosevic

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 06:42:09 AM »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 23:06

JP

I am not a motorsports fan at all but I will watch F1 racing when it's on TV.  It is the only motor sports other than motocross racing that is exciting to me.

From what I have heard, but don't know for sure, the worldwide audience of F1 racing is way higher than the superbowl although the superbowl is more of a USA audience.

Yes that is true. F1 has a biggest audience in the world. That is much much higher than the Superbowl. There are just a few countries outside of the US where people pay attention to the sports like the baseball and American football.

I always had a good lough at the "World series" put in the name of the league. I also find it very inappropriate because 80% of the other countries dont know about it.

Charlotte Evans

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 06:58:09 AM »

Marjan Milosevic(MarjanM) wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 11:42

I always had a good lough at the "World series" put in the name of the league. I also find it very inappropriate because 80% of the other countries dont know about it.

Well they do know about it but are never asked to join in!  Very Happy
Take me across the water
‘Cause I need some place to hide

Ian Hunt

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »

Piquet missed the wall this time (missed the whole damn thing) and Flavio's gone.

Sadly Max is still there.

Was there something else going on?

Ian

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Leo Melkote

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 14:31

JP

F1 is huge in the rest of the world, and the numbers are closer to the 800 million mark.

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:LVqjtpjpXVIJ:www.ing.co  m/group/showdoc.jsp%3Fdocid%3D198873_EN%26menopt%3Dspr%257Co  ne%257Cif1+worldwide+formula+1+audience&cd=1&hl=en&a mp;a mp;ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Edit: Just noticed someone else had already responded to that.

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »

Leo Melkote wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 15:02

JP

F1 is huge in the rest of the world, and the numbers are closer to the 800 million mark.

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:LVqjtpjpXVIJ:www.ing.co   m/group/showdoc.jsp%3Fdocid%3D198873_EN%26menopt%3Dspr%257Co   ne%257Cif1+worldwide+formula+1+audience&cd=1&hl=en&a mp;a mp;a mp;ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Edit: Just noticed someone else had already responded to that.

I was being sarcastic.

It's plain no one knows what happened...

JP
Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

Al Roberg

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 03:38:36 AM »

[quote title=Jonathan 'JP' Peirce wrote on Sun, 27 September 2009 14:31]

JP

This is quite funny finding this in a Google search. lol

Ian Hunt

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »

be careful JP i wanted more info on a like subject and got roasted...R

Yeah I know, I was going to ask you to get to the bottom of it! Razz

But seriously- they spent MILLIONS on lighting the track, with massive redundancy, and the whole marriage of the concerts and F1 had more MILLIONS invested. Performances by No Doubt, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, plus BIG asian performers (Ah Mei, who I love  Very Happy) etc...

JP

The F1 broadcast audience is 530 million (globally) Superbowl about 110 million, track attendance varies by track but is 6 figure (150,000 at Monza).

Even if Superbowl had aa audience outside the USA it would still struggle to get close to F1 figures.

I guess they could afford some redundancy in the power department!

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

grahamwhite

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »

I engineered one of the headline artistes at the Singapore F1GP concert last year and i found everyone to be very professional and the only negative thing i could comment on was there was not enough system for the crowd of 80,000 that turned up.

I guess they may have learned from the mistakes mentioned in the original post of this thread.

Scott Raymond

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »

[quote title=Al Roberg wrote on Mon, 07 February 2011 02:38]

JP

This is quite funny finding this in a Google search. lol

ROFL  Never would we have thought that could be a good thing!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.