ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email Distribution Lists???  (Read 790 times)

Matt Vivlamore

• http://www.meerkatsound.com
Email Distribution Lists???
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »

I am looking at getting an email distribution list going.  Does anyone else do this?
Find us on the web at: meerkatsound.com

I'm using: EV QRx212 over JBL SRX718s(2) with Crown IT's and MRX512m & MRX525 on monitors with XTi's; all controlled by Yamaha LS9-32.  I have a bunch of other stuff too.

Jerome Casinger

• http://www.ignitestlouis.com
Re: Email Distribution Lists???
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:25:47 pm »

I do currently use one, mine is small enough that I can manage it myself.  I had a form on my website for email, name, etc.  It saved it to and HTML page for me, where I could copy the info into Excell.  I send out a newsletter every quarter or so.  Works well, and people seem to appreciate it.

If you have larger list's to manage, there  is some good software solutions that you pay for that make it very easy to mass email those individuals.

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:46:46 pm »

I made a nice basic mailing list spreadsheet with google doc's for the local non-profit. works great for them. But you get what you pay for. Definitely some A+ software out there for the big guns.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Dan Johnson

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 11:47:46 pm »

I've been using http://www.mailchimp.com for this.  They offer plenty of flexibility for designing your emails and even have a free account for lists with under 500 members (it used to only be free for lists of up to 100 members so this may not last).  In addition to cost-per-month plans, they also have pay-per-use plans if you don't expect to send emails out very regularly but want the features of the paid accounts.

I'm not sure all the differences between the free account and the paid account for the same number of members but one difference is that you have to have the MailChimp logo at the bottom of your emails on the free account.  I know the paid accounts include tracking and statistics to see how many people are viewing your emails and what links they are clicking on and that sort of thing.  I'm not sure if all of this is included in the free account or not.

Another thing that is nice is that you can easily design and set up the forms for people to opt in to your list (they give you the code to embed their opt-in form on your website) and it automates the sign-up process so that you don't even have to manage the list.  You can still download your list into an Excel file at any time if you decide to stop using their service.  You can also upload any current list you may have.

A lot of good features for little to no cost (depending on the size of your list).  I haven't tried any other services but I've been happy with this one so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.