ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What cab's are you using above Labsub’s?  (Read 10013 times)

Matt F Castle

What cab's are you using above Labsub’s?
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »

Hi

I’m looking at upgrading my mid/hi boxes (currently reflex boxes that don’t keep up..) and I’m looking to get some opinions on what your finding works well on top of Labsub’s, especially interested from anyone with experience using one or two a side for bands.

Cheers

Matt

Dan Magers

Re: What cab's are you using above Labsub’s?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 06:29:04 PM »

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results"

Silas Pradetto

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »

Community RS880s or Community TFR series work GREAT. Two LABs keep up nicely with one of either. A rockin' rig for about 1000 people would be a pair of those mains with four LABs.

A pair of SLS960s might have a fighting chance, but not likely. A pair of my Community IHPs would keep up OK, but I don't own four and I never run them like that.

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »

Being in the UK I'd probably suggest something like the Martin H3 or the RCF H1315

Matt F Castle

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:12:53 AM »

Hi,

To update on my own post about tops, I've ended up going with Turbosound TA-500's,   Which tick all my boxes on paper and seem to work quite well thus far, I might need some more lab's though...  1 top to 2 sub's seems like it would be about right (have only had the chance to try one one top over one sub so far).  There also a lot lighter than most of the boxes suggested in this thread at only 52kg, while been a 141db (on paper) box.  Being a one man operation most of the time I need to be able to move them around on my own so a big consideration in my world.

http://www.turbosound.co.uk/showroom/ta500/index.html

Cheers

M

Dave Yorke

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:25:03 AM »

Happy New Year! I wish I could afford them!

Moby (Mike Diack)

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 06:21:45 AM »

Would one SRX725 per Labsub be a reasonable match ?.
Thinking of using a bridged PLX3402 per Labsub and per SRX725 low and a CX404 channel per SRX725 horn.
M

Dave Yorke

Re: What cab's are you using above Labsub’s? ...
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 06:49:13 AM »

Those JBLs should be fine, LABs crossover at 35H - 80Hz at around 1200W all day long so Jeff 9Bar tells me... so try and ensure you have that and head room to avoid clipping your amps and destroying hard to get drivers. I use FFA 8. 2 subs per channel.  Listen to JBLs or any speaker first and see if you like them. It also depends what events you are doing and capacity. I find 4 subs are good for most applications. In one stack or split 2 aside. 6 is good for very large indoors. 8 is overkill for most applications but I haven't heard that outside yet... soon I hope!

Make sure you get good tops otherwise you'll be wasting money. Also make sure you get good amps and cables... which is where we spent the money and it makes a very BIG difference to shitty amps and thin cables. use 4mm core for subs and bass and try to use it for tops. It really does help. fuck the leccy cable idea. it's just not as good. Less resistance is the key.

Have fun!

Gary Perrett

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »

I'm running either Yorkville Elite 2402 or (currently) 4ea. OAP T 1202. I run 2 per side. Have a gig tonight (thank God I set up last night it's snowing like crazy.. supposed to get up to 4"  Sad today)

It's a beautiful thing...2 labs with 2 over on one side and 2 on sticks on the other...The OAP's are bi-amp only McCauley and B&C BMD750 drivers. 40X60 pattern
Mac 3600vz on Labs
QSC RMX 4050HD on mids
Carver M1.0T on horns
Small club 150-200 cap..and it will be PACKED. Atlanits @ the Locker Room.

Outdoors, next month 4-6 labs 4-6 T 1202's and 4 single 15 inch proprietary mid/subs.
G
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

Chris Dobson

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »

Old School..... one Turbo TMS3 on top of two Labs.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.