ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 concerts at one time... Help!  (Read 2524 times)

Matt Bauer

Re: 2 concerts at one time... Help!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 03:54:54 AM »

[quote title=Drew West wrote on Thu, 03 September 2009 16:51]
Quote:

If you don't know what you're doing -- and
in fact, I likely will do as good or better of a job than any sound company here in Laurel or Hattiesburg...

Especially the people who have been doing this for years and years... Rolling Eyes  

Drew West

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 10:57:27 AM »

My point is, there aren't many options in this area... I only know of 2 people that do this kind of thing here in town.

I'm not gonna call any names but I certainly wouldn't hire the first guy and I'm not even sure if the other still does it.
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.

~ #1 Dave Matthews fan.

Shaun Crawford

• http://www.northernprod.com
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »

next question... how are "you" going to be at both places at the same time to mix since both events are at the same time?

i've been at this since for 4years i think now. even when i started at the very beginning, there was no free service. my time being used by someone else is valuable to me. if i'm not getting paid... i'm better off spending money to haul my boat somewhere and spending the day on the lake.

i started out knowing little. i knew how to hook things up, etc (kinda came natural being a network engineer, programmer, and systems analyst..). i then learned how to mix. i took time learning from guys that knew how to mix (they came and mixed on my system. i ran the lights, i watched, listened, and learned and then helped and then started doing some of my own). but no matter what... nothing was ever free.
Shaun Crawford
Northern Productions, LLC
Live Sound & Lighting
http://www.northernprod.com
Midland, MI 48640
(989) 430-5355

Drew West

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 11:29:14 AM »

Well I may consider charging a fair amount in the future considering the things you guys have said.

There will be a sound guy at both events. The guy at the church will take care of everything there, I just have to drop him the equipment he needs and he'll make it shine.

I'm just trying to decide what system to drop where... I guess for the outdoor concert, the biggest issue is the pair of yammy 218's or the single QSC 18. The Yamaha subs have done pretty good in the past at this venue, but I've never tried the QSC... and it hits hard.. really hard.

Edit: The other band that's gonna be there is running 2 Peavey Versarray 112 boxes per side and I think a versarray 118 per side (possible a 218 per side but I don't know)

Is that efficient for a 300+ outdoor concert? I know I've just heard allot of bad things about using short line arrays... but if you guys think it's as good or better than using my QSC trap rig then I'll just bring our mixer and snake and patch in...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.

~ #1 Dave Matthews fan.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.