ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: d&b vs Vdosc  (Read 69934 times)

Eytan Gidron

Re: d&b vs Vdosc
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »

AFAIK the SB218 is discontinued. It's only SB28s now which are about 4 dB louder.
Eytan Gidron
BETTY BAM

Eytan Gidron

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »

Madonna was here yesterday with both systems. V-DOSC for the main system and d&B Js for the delay systems. I didn't go but I was told that both sounded very good.
Eytan Gidron
BETTY BAM

chris bellamy

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »

D&B all the way, they sound better(in my opinion), they're lighter and they are easier to fly, you don't have to mess with the angle straps and the ratchet straps that you do with V-dosc.  You don't have to worry about having the array twist if one ratchet strap is a little tighter than the other.My favorite thing about D&B is the fact that you can control everything using R1,the things you can do with that program are almost limitless,and I like building the files. just my two cents

bflugan82

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 11:15:32 AM »

Madonna was vdosc mains, d&b b2 subs, j-line delays.

Sam Clayton

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »

I know that the V-DOSC system is older, heavier, not as easy to fly and probably not as loud but they always sound 'better' than the d&b system to my ears. In fact, I think they sound better than most modern systems.

It is my experience that the V-DOSC has a much nicer sounding, more detailed HI-MID and HF than the d&b system which I think is just better than average, so I'm always curious when someone thinks the d&b are better sounding.

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »

Sam Clayton wrote on Sat, 05 September 2009 10:29

I know that the V-DOSC system is older, heavier, not as easy to fly and probably not as loud but they always sound 'better' than the d&b system to my ears. In fact, I think they sound better than most modern systems.

It is my experience that the V-DOSC has a much nicer sounding, more detailed HI-MID and HF than the d&b system which I think is just better than average, so I'm always curious when someone thinks the d&b are better sounding.

Hi Sam-

From my observation I'd say the vDosc has a more "in your face" quality than the J series.  What it is in physics that creates that very subjective perception I do not know.

For what it's worth, I've heard all the major rigs sound terrible, average and stunning, sometimes on the same event. Wink

It comes down to having a system engineer who takes pride in his/her work and a mixerperson who can have music, not just sound, come out of the console.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Dave Stagl

• http://www.goingto11.com
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »

Tim McCulloch wrote on Sat, 05 September 2009 16:15

From my observation I'd say the vDosc has a more "in your face" quality than the J series.  What it is in physics that creates that very subjective perception I do not know.

Does anybody know?  I've been trying to figure this out.

Dave

Sam Clayton

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »

Tim McCulloch wrote on Sat, 05 September 2009 22:15

It comes down to having a system engineer who takes pride in his/her work and a mixerperson who can have music, not just sound, come out of the console.

Thanks for the response Tim, but I was talking from the POV of engineering on both systems many times, including situations where neither setup or environment did not pose a problem.

Bob gardam

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 11:25:38 PM »

from their spec sheets, Vdosc puts out 134db, and J puts out 145db..

It surprises me that some people here are suggesting they are similar in terms of loudness!

According to specs a q1 puts out 139db.. which is slightly more than vdosc.. which from what most people I've talked to have said is about right!..

Another factor to remember is because of being bi-amped and the near unbelievable efficiency of the d&b systems, you'll need a lot less power with the J than the dosc.. this may or may not be an issue..

Oh, And b2s are an amazing sub!

Marjan Milosevic

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 06:55:21 AM »

Sorry for a bit off topic question.

Does anyone know what is the crossover frequency between the LF/MF and HF in the Q1 boxes?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 06:55:21 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.