ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good recommendations for replacing pinspots?  (Read 1427 times)

Dave Tarabocchia

Good recommendations for replacing pinspots?
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:49:24 pm »

We are using 4 white pinspots on the back truss for lighting effect. I was wondering what others were using as an upgraded fixture that would produce the same effect. I have looked at some of the fixtures by chauvet and elation, but I am afraid of looking "too disco".  We are a 4 piece rock band and want to add some effect to our pars without going overboard if you know what I mean. What fixtures are you using that you like? As always, looking for the best bang for the buck. I am thinking of running 6-8 64s on the back truss in addition to 2 other effect fixtures. Thanks for the input!
Dave

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
Re: Good recommendations for replacing pinspots?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 11:47:20 am »

I don't know if there really are decent "replacements" that are an upgrade without significant cost.

You can buy the LED pin spots for about $100 - but it's still just a white pin spot. 3W - decent brightness, beam is clean and defined.

I've seen RGB LED pinspots in catalogs for under $150, but have not seen in use. Maybe these?

A lot of the other LED fixtures that have pin spot in their name - are really just LED Pars. Not narrow enough to be a real pin spot IMHO.

The most effective pin spot "effect" I see now are movers with the Iris narrowed down.

A mover with a pinhole gobo might do.

But those start at 10+ times the cost.
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.

Terry Martin

• http://www.SixtyFourEast.com
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:51:13 am »

For club use, I'd stick with pinspots.  I carry 12 with my rig.  

You just can't beat the output/cost/rock look.  
Martin Performance Enterprises, LLC
Live Audio, Lighting - Rentals, Sales, Installs
Henderson, KY
--------------------

Dave Tarabocchia

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 02:59:00 pm »

I think you are right Terry. I think I will keep running them for now. I did see some interesting led options, but really a pinspot is a pinspot isnt it? Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.