ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Need Help!!!  (Read 2737 times)

TripleB

I Need Help!!!
« on: April 23, 2005, 09:33:02 PM »

javascript: insertTag(document.post_form.msg_body, '', ' Shocked ');
ShockedI'm New 2 running the sound and i would like 2 know if there is any training corsus, programs, classes, any thing,& books i can take that will help me javascript: insertTag(document.post_form.msg_body, '', ' Very Happy ');
Very Happy

Paul Folkestad

• http://www.zamarmedia.com
Re: I Need Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 11:41:55 PM »

It depends... There are resources available via trade schools, seminars, colleges, community colleges, etc. Check around your local area. PSW is great for all sorts of info. Internet: There are many, many online articles, whitepapers, manufacturers websites & discussion groups.

Mentorship can be an invaluable tool. Is there anyone who can "show you the ropes" and let you practice, while they guide you?

Here are some books:

Sound Reinforcement Handbook -- by Gary Davis, Ralph Jones;
Guide to Sound Systems for Worship/290243 -- by Jon F. Eiche
Sound System Engineering -- by Carolyn Davis, Don Davis
JBL Audio Engineering for Sound Reinforcement -- by John Eargle, Chris Foreman;
Basic Electricity -- by Nooger Van Valkenburgh
Master Handbook of Acoustics -- by F. Alton Everest

Shalom,

Paul Folkestad
Freelance Church Audio A1
Based - Pleasant Hill, CA
Pro Audio Outside Sales
RCK Marketing (Mfr Reps)

<a href="mailto:[email protected]" target="_blank">[email protected]</a>

dg1

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 02:10:22 PM »

Another good basic beginers book is "Sound Check: The Basics of sound and Sound Systems" by tony Moscal

Also check out http://www.churchsoundcheck.com/

PS. Believe it or not the book and the web site are not related

ajk2050

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 11:43:13 AM »

First of all, go to keyfax.com and buy the new DVD from Yamaha called Exploring Sound Reinforcement.  Its a brand new 2-hour instructional video.  I ordered it the day it was released to use as a teaching tool at my churh.  It is great!

Second, attend the Willow Creek Arts Conference in Chicago.  You'll be blown away by the passion of the people there and the scope of the conference.  It is very practical and encouraging.  A little expensive, but worth every dollar.  Find out more at willowcreek.com

Third, attend a T3 Technical Training seminar sponsored by Church Production Magazine.  churchproduction.com

Fourth, e-mail me directly with any questions you have.  I work in production both for my church and for a living.  ajk2050@msn.com

Dan Nelson

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 06:58:54 PM »

It seems that you are in a bit of a pinch.  My first stop would be to find someone who knows what they are doing. I would suggest looking around for a fairly large church where they do sound right. Then make friends with those who make it happen.  I guess a bit of caution though.  Us sound guys tend to be pretty sure that our way is the best and only way.  maybe make more than one friend and really press them for the basics.  I can see from the other responses that there are some good resources already recommended.  Also many manufacturers have good resources on their web sights that are available for free. You just have to do a little digging.   Oh and you already have an access to tons of help from this web sight.  

Good luck

dan
Absurdity reigns, and confusion makes it look good.
-Dallas Willard-  

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 06:58:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.