ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Demo Review  (Read 54239 times)

Silas Pradetto

Re: Danley Demo Review
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »

really, this isn't me, it's the internet not working...I keep hitting the refresh button because the internet is out at work and it somehow manages to submit the post but it won't load the page...

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

• http://cobrasound.com
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »

Silas Pradetto wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 10:53

How rockin' was the TH412? My demo is shipping to me today so I'll be reviewing and comparing to LABs in a few days.

Was it ridiculous? Or just really good...

I thought the TH412 was pretty darn impressive.  I would like to hear it in a large space with some other subs to compare it to before making any purchases though.  I am definitely interested in your thoughts of it against the LAB as well.

The TH412 really seemed to wake up when it was powered by one channel of the Powersoft K10 even though we weren't driving it much harder than with the Crest/Danley amp. Make sure that you have adequate power available. Smile

Jeff
Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

Rick Powell

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 11:53:25 AM »

I, for one, would like to see a product somewhere in between the SH95 and the SH69...something that has strong spl and fidelity, can be used as a stand alone SOS, and could be hoisted on a stick by 1 person over a sub.  Not complaining, tho -  their line has really filled out nicely, with something for almost everyone and every app. (except for those on a tight budget like many weekend warriors)
Rick Powell
StudioLive 16:4:2
JTR Triple 8 Mains
Danley TH115 Subwoofers
Bag End TA15 Floor Monitors
Crown xti6000/4000/2000

"There are two types of people...those who divide people into two types, and those who don't."

Silas Pradetto

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:13 PM »

Rick Powell wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 11:53

I, for one, would like to see a product somewhere in between the SH95 and the SH69...something that has strong spl and fidelity, can be used as a stand alone SOS, and could be hoisted on a stick by 1 person over a sub.  Not complaining, tho -  their line has really filled out nicely, with something for almost everyone and every app. (except for those on a tight budget like many weekend warriors)

Personally I'd like to see a really flexible stage monitor and pole mountable speaker, like an SH-LPM that's pole mountable. The SH95 is a bit big and expensive for what I'm looking for.

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »

Rick Powell wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 16:53

I, Not complaining, tho -  their line has really filled out nicely, with something for almost everyone and every app. (except for those on a tight budget like many weekend warriors)

Rick,
Thanks for the kind words and noticing we are indeed working on rounding out the line.  More products are on the way that should be very attractive to the folks like you describe and it is still made in the US and not China/Mexico.

Thanks,

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

Jay Barracato

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »

How high were the tops when they were stacked on the TH412?

It looked to me like you would want to stack on the stage wings or scaffolding instead of ground stack.
Jay Barracato
Solomons MD

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »

Jay Barracato wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 16:21

How high were the tops when they were stacked on the TH412?

It looked to me like you would want to stack on the stage wings or scaffolding instead of ground stack.

Hi Jay,

There weren't very high for the demo (just the height of the TH412, ~26" or something like that).  We regularly use scaffolding to get the tops high enough.  We would either continue to do that or stack up more subs until the desired height was obtained.  Our scaffold setup usually puts the tops a touch under 7' off the ground.

Jeff
Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

Rick Powell

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 05:25:01 PM »

TH 412 26.5" height
SH 46 29" height

So the combined stack tops out at 55.5" or 4'-7 1/2" when stacked at ground level.  About 3' elevation of the 46's would seem to be in order in a ground stack setting.

Rick Powell
JTR Triple 8 Mains
Danley TH115 Subwoofers
Crown xti6000/4000/2000

"There are two types of people...those who divide people into two types, and those who don't."

Rick Powell

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »

Rick Powell wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 16:25

TH 412 26.5" height
SH 46 29" height

So the combined stack tops out at 55.5" or 4'-7 1/2" when stacked at ground level.  About 3' elevation of the 46's would seem to be in order in a ground stack setting.

Of course, another TH 412 stacked on top of the bottom one would make a nice pedestal for the SH 46's!
Rick Powell
JTR Triple 8 Mains
Danley TH115 Subwoofers
Crown xti6000/4000/2000

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »

Rick Powell wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 17:31

Rick Powell wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 16:25

TH 412 26.5" height
SH 46 29" height

Of course, another TH 412 stacked on top of the bottom one would make a nice pedestal for the SH 46's!

I think they need to be higher than that for best results.  The Synergy Horn seems to throw the best if it's entirely above head level.

Jeff
Cobra Sound
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.