ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Sound Podcast  (Read 798 times)

Dave Sturzenbecher

Live Sound Podcast
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:40:21 pm »

I find myself in the season of long vehicle rides and long flights. I have owned an iPod for about 4 years now...but embarrassingly enough just found out about podcasts.  Using iTunes I have searched and come up with very little on live sound related podcasts.  Does any know of any?  I have found some tech related ones, but the ones i find are way too computer oriented or i can tell the presenters simple did about 15 minutes of research on wikipedia right before they started. Thank you.

Cameron Stuckey

Re: Live Sound Podcast
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:06:21 pm »

Not sound related, but terrific science podcast: Radio Lab.

Every show is riveting.

Edit:sp

Tom Kelley

Re: Live Sound Podcast
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:22:48 am »

Dave Sturzenbecher wrote on Fri, 14 August 2009 20:40

I find myself in the season of long vehicle rides and long flights. I have owned an iPod for about 4 years now...but embarrassingly enough just found out about podcasts.  Using iTunes I have searched and come up with very little on live sound related podcasts.  Does any know of any?  I have found some tech related ones, but the ones i find are way too computer oriented or i can tell the presenters simple did about 15 minutes of research on wikipedia right before they started. Thank you.

Are you comfortable interviewing somebody and having your voice recorded?

I'd bet that PSW would host some audiocasts as long as file sizes don't get out of hand.

From what I've read here and on many sites linked from here, there are a great bunch of smart people out there in the live sound biz willing to share knowledge, so I'm sure it wouldn't be tough to get them to share some gems on a 30 minute recorded call.

I'm just a buyer of sound/light/AV/video/staging services, so I wouldn't know the best questions to ask, or I'd offer to do one just to show how easy it is. I record about 3-4 interviews per month as "electronic notes" for the print articles that I write and once the recording rig has been setup the first time, it's as simple as push the button and talk.

Having listened to a few hundred episodes of a few dozen podcasts, mostly while flying, I've found that good topic matter will far outweigh any lack of voice or engineering skills, though I'd suspect one wouldn't have to look very far around PSW-land to find plenty of voice and engineering skills.

Who better than the LABsters to get this job done?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.