ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC line monitor/loggin thingy?  (Read 1803 times)

Lee Douglas

AC line monitor/loggin thingy?
« on: August 06, 2009, 05:42:42 PM »

I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I'm sure I'll slap my forehead (or have it done for me) when someone tells me the correct name for what I'm looking for, so here goes...

I've got a 9 tb video server (player actually) that is having issues and has been almost since its installation.  It's in a hospital that cycles it's power for a generator test once a week.  What I'm looking for is a device that hooks to the AC line and will keep a log of what is happening and at what time so I can compare it to the log on the player.  I should actually probably put one before the ups and one after.  Anyway, the name of this thing escapes me and I could use a good source for inexpensive and reliable, considering it may be years before I need them again.  Talk about crappy ROI!  Thanks for the help.
My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot...

Karl P(eterson)

Re: AC line monitor/loggin thingy?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »

Power Quality Analyzer is the term you are looking for, but they are mid-to-high four digits expensive.

You can rent them on a weekly/monthly basis, just google.

I have bought a couple of these: http://www.acscout.com/servlet/Page?template=products2

Which do what they say on the tin for a reasonable price.

These are loggers that simply tell you if it has gone "out of bounds" as opposed to a detailed log of everything that has happened.

Karl P

TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.