ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power connector suggestion (I know its lighting)  (Read 3036 times)

A Thomas Lamb

Power connector suggestion (I know its lighting)
« on: July 16, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »

I am getting a ETC smart Pack that will need 3 phase 40 amp service. What would be your disconnect suggestions?
T
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Power connector suggestion (I know its lighting)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »

A Thomas Lamb wrote on Thu, 16 July 2009 19:07

I am getting a ETC smart Pack that will need 3 phase 40 amp service. What would be your disconnect suggestions?
T

What does it have to plug into?

Mac

A Thomas Lamb

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 07:36:26 PM »

that remains to be seen as well. I have a couple of venues I will use it at where I will have a plug installed. I will carry a tail with me for it as well. Is there a standard in that size Im open at this point.
T
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production

Duncan McLennan

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 07:58:08 PM »

It would likely depend on the load on the dimmer.  As far as I've ever seen, there isn't anything common (at least in North America) for three phase connectors above an L21-30, with gives you three 30A legs at 120V.

I've used those on those style dimmers before, because it was more than enough power for the load they'd have (of course you'd have to have a breaker on it).

If you're going to load down every channel to its maximum capacity, you're pretty much stuck with cams or tails.
dcm
Waterloo & London, Ontario

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »

CEEform connectors are available as 60A 5 wire.

Catalog

Mac

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »

I would have a hard time using a 60 amp connector on a smart-pack as you are spending time and money to guarantee you can't use more than one dimmer in a rack.

Any direction you go, if you are using smartpack(s) then you should want to throw them in a rack. If we are going to put it in a rack might as well put a cam panel on it to make sure we have power available for more dimmers if we want to add them.

If you don't feel comfortable with all that why not look for something prebuilt?

If moneys tight here is a decent Applied prebuilt rack ready to go for not a whole lot more than you are going to buy one smart pack for http://www.solarisnetwork.com/item_13295

If you really don't want to go that far then you need to take a close look at what the power requirements are in your situation.

Quick math says that 12 channels @ 750 watts per channel (ASSuming ETC fixtures) still leaves you with comfortable headroom to fit on an L21-30. Just make sure you are breaker'd upstream.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »

Karl P(eterson) wrote on Fri, 17 July 2009 13:02

I would have a hard time using a 60 amp connector on a smart-pack as you are spending time and money to guarantee you can't use more than one dimmer in a rack.

Karl, what are you talking about here?

Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.