ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mic check, no pun intended  (Read 1420 times)

Shane Presley

• http://www.bssproductions.com
mic check, no pun intended
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:18:46 PM »

Well fellow labsters, my heavier production season is beginning, and I was about to do a gear round up, and status check.  Does anyone do anything specific for their mic maintenance, I mean as to go as far as say measuring response with smaart, etc.. Please detail what you guys do to ramp up for the season...cheers
SP

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

Re: mic check, no pun intended
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:39:35 PM »

We probably should do something about all the conventional mics.  Lav and headset mics get listened to when being checked back in, and wireless mics get tested before being sent out.  But wired mics are being neglected...

We've talked about using SMAART to test all the mics now and then, but usually there are more pressing concerns even in the middle of winter.  Listening to a bunch of same make/model lav mics tends to show the ones that aren't quite in spec, if you do them in a batch.  I'm the lucky guy who gets to do that 99% of the time, so I've got a pretty good idea what a DPA 4061 vs. a Shure WL-185 ought to sound like.  But a real test with SMAART might be interesting too - it's hard to get any idea whether a mic meets specs with SMAART, but it's easy to do a batch and look for outliers.  I've done this testing subs and it's surprising what you can find.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.