ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Th 212  (Read 33060 times)

Randy Pence

Re: Danley Th 212
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »

how were you powering the th212?

Frederik Rosenkjær

• http://www.blackburst.dk
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »

Randy Pence wrote on Sat, 03 July 2010 21:08

how were you powering the th212?

Right, I knew I was forgetting something - wrote in a hurry before a gig.

I was running them off a Yamaha TX5n, which is supposed to give 2300W in 4ohm cont. and a good deal more dynamically. It seemed to be able to bottom out the TH212 on a few occasions. I was using the factory recommended HP of 24dB/oct Butterworth at 30Hz and experimented with various LP filters and freqs.

Reggie Kendrick

• http://www.channelliveproductions.com
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »

Kemper Watson wrote on Sun, 29 November 2009 15:17

I will have my rig at the Twisted Taco in Midtown (12 Street) this Friday Dec 4th. Anyone in the Atlanta area want to come hear these boxes feel free to drop by. It's a pre SEC championship party with a full band so come early. 6-11 PM

You have any more local gigs anytime soon?

Frederik Rosenkjær

• http://www.blackburst.dk
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 04:19:05 PM »

Well, first real gig with the TH212's was tuesday and the reason I bought the TH212 and not the TH118 was the option of fitting them under a small stage.

And...well...look at how they fit in on the very first gig. Unreal.

index.php/fa/31247/0/

I can't say too much yet about their performance from just this one gig. Not because they didn't do fine - they did great(!) - but the circumstances (very loud, live room, loud band, much noise from stage, I didn't get to move around during the gig so I could only hear in one position etc. etc.) did not allow for a very thorough analysis.

Will post more when I know more.

Eytan Gidron

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 10:23:37 AM »

Having the wheels at the front doesn't make them very attractive. There must another solution for transporting these without leaving the wheels facing forwards. Maybe they can be used like this at local clubs but not at high class events (where their size would be perfect but not the looks).

Maybe detachable dollies would work?
Eytan Gidron
BETTY BAM

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »

Eytan Gidron wrote on Fri, 09 July 2010 10:23

Having the wheels at the front doesn't make them very attractive. There must another solution for transporting these without leaving the wheels facing forwards. Maybe they can be used like this at local clubs but not at high class events (where their size would be perfect but not the looks).

Maybe detachable dollies would work?

Yeah it looks a bit odd.

The install versions don't have wheels-FWIW

The location of the wheels is the only place to put them on the cabinet without compromising the quality of sound.

Smaller wheels could be used elsewhere-but we all know what happens with the small wheels. Mad

A detachable caster board would work-but would just add to the cost.  To some people that is more important and the looks-to others it is not.

For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Steve Hurt

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »

Itty bitty stage skirts and some velcro.

Problem fixed.

Next!

edit(the skirts only work if they're standing up - on their sides is a little harder - 1/4" painted plywood triangular boxes and some velcro possibly?)

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »

Reggie Kendrick wrote on Sun, 04 July 2010 12:02

Kemper Watson wrote on Sun, 29 November 2009 15:17

I will have my rig at the Twisted Taco in Midtown (12 Street) this Friday Dec 4th. Anyone in the Atlanta area want to come hear these boxes feel free to drop by. It's a pre SEC championship party with a full band so come early. 6-11 PM

You have any more local gigs anytime soon?

July 31 in Dalton Ga. Community show with 4 bands. I'll have all 4 TH212's and my new tops to debut as well.
 I've been needing to write another review now that the inventory has grown. Two a side is a really good sounding start to a PA. Stay tuned..

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »

Steve Hurt wrote on Fri, 09 July 2010 13:28

Itty bitty stage skirts and some velcro.

Problem fixed.

Next!

edit(the skirts only work if they're standing up - on their sides is a little harder - 1/4" painted plywood triangular boxes and some velcro possibly?)

I do a lot of weddings. I bought quite a few of the nicer black tablecloths and just drape them  over the wheels. Not one Bridezilla has noticed..

Sean Brown

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 02:59:15 AM »

Nice pics of the TH-212s in action.  

A few questions:
1) If I'm looking at the pic correctly, the front face of the box actually sits on the ground once you've placed it back down after tilting for transport. Is that correct?  If so, the front of that cab is going to look horrible (scratchesl,etc) after a while.  I know the bottom of my TH-115s look bad (from transport) but no one really sees it.

2) How would 4 TH-212s compare to the following: (4)TH-115s, (2-4)118s, & (2)412s?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.