ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Boston area DemoFest - SMASHING success ! - Post Your Thoughts Here  (Read 51252 times)

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
Re: Boston area DemoFest - SMASHING success ! - Post Your Thoughts Here
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2009, 10:45:09 AM »

Last time I uploaded to YouTube it took a rather large file, so don't spend too much time on compression without finding out what they'll let you get away with. YouTube does their own compression, of course, so compressing your compression would look ugly.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Matt Ruggeri

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 12:35:54 AM »

I had a feeling some of my gear was being talked about.. The 4 Channel "Pet Projects" Quad Comp. John is currently restoring this unit for me. After years of trying to find info and schematics, i stumbled into an "old treasures" thread. Someone mentioned "Pet Projects" and I IMMEDIATELY posted! John just happened to post. http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/35097/0/0/1 0289/

If John starts building Comps along these lines again, i will buy as many as I can hide from the wife! This Comp is still my favorite. I like my Drawmers, but this comp takes the cake hands down.

On another note, I wish I could've made it to demofest. I should login to the forums more than once a mmonth! I am dying to try one of John's APB ProRack House Consoles.

Jason Dermer wrote
"It really was an APB fest- I brought a Spectra Ti48, Spectra Ti Expander and Mixswitch, the local APB rep (sorry, I forgot a name) brought a Prodesk 32, Prorack House and Mixswitch, Bennett had a Prorack House, and Chuck and John brought a Prodesk 24, Prorack House, and Prorack Monitor. Then there was the "P" of APB hit of the show as far as the mix engineers used to high end outboard were concerned. JP's 4 channel, 1 rack space, hand built in 1981, 3 knob per channel (160 style) compressor. Absolutely phenomenal! I'll take 4 please."

Ales Dravinec 'Alex'

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 01:22:26 AM »

index.php/fa/23395/0/

Yup, that's the one ... I'll require some of those too.
I even got the opportunity to peek under the hood. Man, some of the semiconductors manufacturers responsible for chips inside don't even exist any more Wink

w/r
Ales Dravinec
R&D manager, owner
ADRaudio
Slovenia

'There's no replacement for displacement' Carroll Shelby (Jim Bowersox, Tim McCulloch)
'Put speakers up in the air, where they belong' Bill Hanley

David C Nickerson

Planning for 2010. May 17 - 18 are the dates.
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 10:18:03 AM »

Hi All,
I'm just starting to put feelers out for next year's gathering.  

Again, Wachusett Village Inn is the place.

How would you like to see the event change?

What sort of workshops would you like to see?

Any manufacturers you'd like for me to make sure have a presence?

Any ideas on who you'd like to see as a sort of "key note" speaker?

Thanks in advance for sharing your ideas, I'm hoping we can have another gathering as successful as the first.

Best,
David Nickerson

Tom Young

Re: Planning for 2010. May 17 - 18 are the dates.
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »

Hey Dave-

Man, you ARE a glutton for punishment !   Laughing

Hmmmm. It would be pretty hard to improve things over last year. Really.

Along with those who were there earlier this year, I'd like to see exhibits and/or demo's by:
Middle Atlantic (their UPS and other cool accessories)
Earthworks
Community Light & Sound

(obviously tryng to keep it 'real' as far as travel)

As far as keynote speakers, we could either have a round #2 with Bill Hanley or maybe get Scoville ? (Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right ?)

Of a purely (more) technical/engineering nature, presentations by Tom Danley, Dave Gunness, Kenton Forsythe, Ales Dravinec and/or Bruce Howze would be very interesting to me.

Maybe Bob Schluter (or whomever has written their recent white papers) from Middle Atlantic could discuss power for audio and A/V systems ?

More thoughts later.

BTW - Thanks for jumping in again. It was truly a great time.
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Phil LaDue

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »

I know we threw around the idea of setting up a place outside that would allow deployment of line arrays.

Vinny D'Agostino

• http://www.myspace.com/vinnydagostino
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »

I very much enjoyed the first event and will plan on attending the next one also.
I am more of a person that likes to look at stuff so the more displays of equipment the happier I am  Smile
I also was only there for the live band session on the first night (which I hope you will be doing again) and my only suggestion would have been for someone to explain what was being used as it was being changed out between different subs and high packs. I know there was mic changes happening but I couldn't tell you what was being changed to what...no one said anything!
I was not in the *in* group that was making all the changes so I had no idea what was being changed around.
And yes I could have spoken up and asked questions but like I said, I am more of a quiet person that really enjoys just looking and listening to stuff Cool

Rob Spence

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2009, 04:55:30 PM »

Vinny D'Agostino wrote on Sat, 31 October 2009 14:07

I very much enjoyed the first event and will plan on attending the next one also.
I am more of a person that likes to look at stuff so the more displays of equipment the happier I am  Smile
I also was only there for the live band session on the first night (which I hope you will be doing again) and my only suggestion would have been for someone to explain what was being used as it was being changed out between different subs and high packs. I know there was mic changes happening but I couldn't tell you what was being changed to what...no one said anything!
I was not in the *in* group that was making all the changes so I had no idea what was being changed around.
And yes I could have spoken up and asked questions but like I said, I am more of a quiet person that really enjoys just looking and listening to stuff Cool

+1

I agree that while the live band session was neat, it needed a moderator so you knew what you were hearing and then could listen for changes.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

David Karol

• http://www.davidkarol.com
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 05:12:57 PM »

David C Nickerson wrote on Thu, 29 October 2009 10:18

Any ideas on who you'd like to see as a sort of "key note" speaker?

I'd love to see a seminar by Richard Cadena.  

Also, I'm sure Izotope would be interested in coming out there.

Jonathan Wiegratz

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »

Is this a yearly event?  When will the next Boston area event take place?

Signed,
Curious in Charlestown   Very Happy
Boston Common Band - Boston Wedding Bands - New England Wedding Bands
Turbosound TQ445DP's & QSC GP218 + GP212's | PLX2 Amps
MixWiz3 | DBX 260 | ACP88 | LED Lighting
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.