ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stereo mode not working  (Read 2007 times)

Jeremy Jackson

Stereo mode not working
« on: May 19, 2009, 01:25:06 AM »

Hi, basically my setup is: mackie cr1604 vlz running left and right out into a dbx drive rack running- high left and right out to crown micro-tech 1200 into 4 jbl 2x12 mains- and low left and right to crown micro-tech 1200 and into 2 jbl M-Pro subs.
My problem is that when we play an audio device (i.e. an ipod, cd player or laptop) through the p.a. it does not come through as stereo so only one sie. As far as I know everything is set to run as stereo. The amps are in stereo mode. the channel runs out of the board in stereo. The drive rack is set to stereo mode on the preset. This has to be something simple that I am just missing..... HELP!! Thank you for any advice.
                                            Jeremy Jackson      

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
Re: Stereo mode not working
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:48:26 AM »

Here is what we need you to do:

Look at or think about your rig...

Done?  Okay, now list or draw - IN ORDER - the exact signal path of the audio, from iPod/CD Player, etc. all the way to the speakers.

If you are using a TRS connector to a mini-jack (1/8"), then that could be the problem...among many other things.

We need more specific information from you about your system since we aren't there and can't go through it ourselves.
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 01:56:51 AM »

Is your ipod wearing a case or rubber cover?

Rick Stansby

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 02:25:59 AM »

If you plug a mic into a channel and pan it from side to side does the sound come out of one speaker, then both and then the other speaker?
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.