ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Spirit FX16  (Read 3105 times)

Aaron_S

Soundcraft Spirit FX16
« on: March 31, 2005, 01:31:29 PM »

Just wondering if anybody had any experience with one of these mixers?  Looking to install a system in a church with 8 inputs for a band, a wireless mic for the pastor, 3 mics for the choir, a cd player, and some misc. inputs, and I need to route the signals to the FOH speaker, speakers in the back for the choir, and through out the rest of the church.  Any other recommendations for equipment would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Erwin Mol

Re: Soundcraft Spirit FX16
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 01:47:47 PM »

Hi Aaron,

I use its little brother, the FX8. The mixer itself is pretty good, but I really miss some good EQ'ing. If you want to go for a 16 channel mixer, I would take a look at the Allen & Heath mixwizard 16:2 (http://www.allen-heath.com/WZ3_16.asp).
This desk isnt that expensive and has more EQ'ing and auxes.

w/ the 14 inputs you mention the desk seems a little bit small though. Do you think the band could grow the next 5 years? It's really important to buy a board that fits your needs in the years you're gonna use it.
You could take a look at a A&H GL2200 (http://www.allen-heath.com/gl2200.asp)

Good luck!

Greetz,
Erwin

John H.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 06:15:59 AM »

Or you could spring for something like this if you don't have enough money for Allen&Heath:

Link Here

The only downside to the Yamaha is that you'd be losing Direct Outs per channel. (if you ever wanted to record anything other than the main stereo master)

Aaron_S

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 11:14:56 PM »

Are there any other downsides to this console?  Why does the Allen and Heath come highly recommended?  Thanks for all your input.

Aaron

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:58:14 AM »

Hi

I have a FX16. I mainly use it for band rehearsals and a little bit of straight to stereo recording. It's quite compact for the number of channels (19" wide optionally rack mountable with 16 mono channels) Could almost call it cramped. I would echo the comments from above about the limited auxes that could restrict you when using it as a FOH mixer.

A minor nitpick is the difficulty in telling the mute status of a channel at a glance (there is only one LED on each channel for peak/PFL) You have to look at the height of a latching switch.

Rich

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:58:14 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.