ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: And you thought you actually had to do good work to get school jobs!  (Read 6104 times)

Rain Jaudon

Re: And you thought you actually had to do good work to get school jobs!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:31:02 PM »

nukin futs!  Mad
Endorsing Artist for CA Guitars - Lafayette, LA
http://www.CAguitars.com

Multitude Audio
Subcontracting under Magnolia Music Center
Audio Visual Installation and Service
Gulfport, Ocean Springs and Pascagula, MS

John Ward

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 07:30:20 AM »

"I still remember things like blue twist ties with stick on plastic anchors "

Everybody knows you should only use the white twist ties. Yellow is for video and blue is for baked goods.
"Suck It Up and Step Out. It's not the things you wish for or whine about that comes about. It's the things you passionately want in life that makes all the difference." Dr.Scott Knight

Craig Hauber

• http://www.csaproductionsinc.com
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »

Every cable in that box enters it and leaves it.  I actually needed a spare pair (page relay drive)  The big blue coil is fiber (shame there's a extra 25' in that box -but I don't expect any better from telecom) however the speaker, line and video should all have been shortened appropriately and banded nicely.  Give me an afternoon with a bag of connectors and you'll won't mind eating out of that box as it would be that clean!)

And yes, those are radio-shack barrier strips with 22ga STP for PL-Comm,  wires just bare stripped and wrapped around the screw with no spade or ring terminals!

It was a contractor job by a guy that's really hard to hate and who's customers generally like him.  He just has a neatness problem and it shows at his house and shop, -you just can't expect neatness out of someone who has never actually experienced it!

Craig Hauber
CSA Productions Inc.
Ventura-Santa Barbara CA
www.csaproductionsinc.com

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 10:34:36 PM »

Craig Hauber wrote on Wed, 18 March 2009 15:18

however the speaker, line and video should all have been shortened appropriately and banded nicely.

Hello Craig,

I agree that the cables should be neat and properly marked, but, we'll have to take your word that they should be shortened.

Seeing unterminated, extra lengths of cable in a box would not necessarily cause me to worry. Not being there or seeing their prints ... one could imagine that its spares, or for a second phase of improvements not yet funded.

Cheers,
Hammer

Be prepared, you'll need it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.