ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Pro Desk 4  (Read 88733 times)

Mike Goodreau

Re: APB Pro Desk 4
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 07:54:35 PM »

Ordering my 32 input Pro Desk next week! It will be perfect for the mid-sized rig. We bought the Prorack this winter and everyone that has used it has loved it so far. The build quality is superb and it just sounds great.  Mike

Teri Hogan

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 03:33:48 PM »

Well, our 24-channel ProDesk 4 finally arrived and we immediatley put it to the test, doing 3 shows in 4 days.  After the very first sound check, John turned to me and said Jason Dermer described it perfectly...someone just pulled the tarps off the speakers.  Couldn't have said it better ourselves!

This board is really a condensed version of the Spectra-C.  There is no audible difference between the ProDesk 4 and our Spectra-T, which we absolutely love.  It has so may gozintas and gozoutas, you have to pay attention when you're setting it up.  Last night we did a show where we, and 3 other people wanted to record and we had plenty of space for everyone, including one guy who used the USB port to record on his computer.

What a feature set!  And John says it's a genuine joy to mix on.  I've got to say, it's not only a Venice killer but it sounds better than the Verona, as well, and now we're talking about two entirely different price points.

We are so tired of wearing out small desks in 4 or 5 years.  I get the feeling this one is going to be like my Crest LM, which is still on the job, working fine 15 years later.

By the way, we named our Spectra-T "Phil Spectra", so this desk is "Phil Junior".  And for those who don't know that we're getting out of the sound provider end of the business, John is now thinking twice about it because between our two APB consoles, life is so much more fun!

If you get one and want a really great case to put it in, Opti-Case designed one for us and has it in their computer, ready to crank out over and over.  It's a really solid, functional case.

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 10:12:41 AM »

Used the ProDesk 32 on monitors for Jody Joseph last weekend, and it was wonderful. 6 mixes and a multitrack recording from the direct outs.

index.php/fa/22999/0/
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Steve Payne

• http://soundworksva.com
What's better than owning an APB ProDesk?
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 03:40:38 PM »

OWNING TWO !!!

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Just took delivery of our second APB ProDesk 24.  I now have one on each end of the snake of our 24 channel rig.  Man, this is really one high quality little package!  Used the set together for the first time last night.  A really cool show.  Very talented local, Susan Greenbaum and her band,  did an absolutely stunning job of performing Carol King's tapestry album in it's entirety from start to finish.  Performance was presented in a great sounding outdoor 2400 capacity amphitheater in downtown Richmond, Va -Dogwood Dell.  
 Mixing opening acts for national one offs does not always provide a great platform for critically assessing equipment performance.  This situation was entirely  different.  A band of very accomplished musicians performing clean, dynamic, faithful arrangements of a set of material that ranks right up there with the best of the best.  Wow!  What fun!  I cannot say it enough, the APB consoles - across the range - are a joy to mix on.  The control and responsiveness just has to be felt and heard to be fully appreciated.  I can't believe I can do something for a living for 33 years and still go to work and have this much fun.  I'm stoked. Once again, thanks and kudos to Chuck, JP, Taz and their support crew for continuing to bring top notch analog products to market!

index.php/fa/23198/0/  
steve

"My favorite things turn money into noise"

"Too much power is just right", - Carroll Shelby

Steve Payne

Re: What's better than owning an APB ProDesk?
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »

index.php/fa/23199/0/
steve

Steve Payne

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »

index.php/fa/23200/0/
steve

Steve Payne

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 03:43:47 PM »

index.php/fa/23201/0/
steve

Tim Tyler

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 12:49:14 PM »

Hey, Steve!

It was a pleasant surprise seeing you and your fantastic rig at the Susan Greenbaum show - I was expecting to see the "folksinger on stool with guitar", but was treated to the full show with band and killer sound!  

When I got to the parking lot, I heard what I thought was a CD playing, and as I got to the amphitheater, lo and behold, it was the band... great sound, sir.

That's the first time I've heard the Turbo 50 degree Aspects - very nice sounding everywhere I walked, smooth, not beamy.  

The Prodesk.  It's surprisingly compact, I thought it would be larger, from the photos I've seen.  It's a bit "thicker" (taller?) than a typical 24 ch desk, but I guess it has to be, with all the controls & connectors! (got a pic of the front?)  And recording usb output?  cool.  I had the idea that this was going to be a simple 4 bus offering from APB, but it's really much more than that; I get the impression that a smaller physical size was the goal, not a "dumbing down" of sound quality or features in order to reach a price point...  more like a "midget" version of its bigger brothers than a "lesser" offering, if that makes sense.   Looking at the graphics in the monitor world pic made me smile.

Thanks for your report & pics.

-Tim T

Steve Payne

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »

Tim,
 Thanks for the kind words!  It really was a special moment!
Regards the Aspect Wides - yep - seamless.  The entire Turbosound line is voiced very similarly.  It's just a matter of how much horizontal coverage you want, how far you want it to throw and how loud you want it to play , then choose the appropriate system:  TQ, Aspect Wide, Aspect, Flex....life is good.
Cool
 I think you are right on about the ProDesk.  It is NOT a dumb downed, corner cutting, built to a price point product.  Like everything else APB builds, it is the real deal.  It is targeted toward an intended professional application.  Also, you are right about the height - they couldn't have made it any "shorter" and crammed in the comprehensive interface provided.  Here are some photos of the "back" - or "front" as you call it!

index.php/fa/23222/0/
steve

Steve Payne

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 01:03:08 PM »

index.php/fa/23223/0/
steve

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.