ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bandmaster amp -->combo - 3x10 or 2x12?  (Read 31165 times)

SteveKirby

Re: Bandmaster amp -->combo - 3x10 or 2x12?
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2009, 02:12:19 PM »

Which volume doesn't work?  The guitar's or the amp's.  The only thing the pedalboard is doing is inserting a buffer amp in the Boss tuner.  All the rest of those parts should be true bypass (hardwired bypass on a 3 pole switch, for those not used to the term).

Are you using the same input jacks on the amp?  Maybe someone wired up the 2nd jack funny.  It's supposed to have a pad from the first jack, but maybe someone wired it to the wrong pin on the volume control.

Ned Ward

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2009, 04:49:17 PM »

The amp volume. In both cases, the guitar volume and tone are full up.

In the pedalboard, besides the TU2 tuner, everything in the signal path was on true bypass.

On both Normal and Vibrato channels, plugged into input 1 to test. Tried it on the second jacks; pad was there on the vibrato channel 2, harder to tell on the normal channel 2.

Now it gets weirder.

Carried it downstairs, weighed it on a scale (60.5 lbs, so it's good exercise) and into the guitar to the shop. Brought the pedalboard, all the same cables and power cable and plugged it in. Worked fine. both volumes worked as they should, both inputs 1 and 2.

Could I have a power issue in my house? House was built in 1984, have not done any electrical service work besides adding GFCI outlets in kitchen and bathrooms.

Other culprit I'm thinking is an intermittent short/cold solder. When I brought the amp home, both channels worked as expected.

Thanks for the help.

SteveKirby

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »

AC isn't going to do that.  There's something wrong in the wiring on the front panel of the amp.  More likely an intermitent connection to the volume control that just got jostled when you were going back and forth.

Ned Ward

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »

Thanks Steve - I'll have him go over it and check for that.

Tim Padrick

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2009, 03:44:33 AM »

Did the volume control go WFO?  Look for a loss of the volume control's ground connection owing to a bad solder joint or break in the bottom end of the pot's conductive track.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.