ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New Danley Sub  (Read 45731 times)

Paul Drenth

Re: New Danley Sub
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 09:29:41 am »

Pascal Pincosy wrote on Mon, 09 March 2009 23:27

Ivan Beaver wrote on Mon, 09 March 2009 20:08

Yes- on the portable version of the TH212, the castors go on the front of the cabinet-on the slanted board.  Yes it is an odd place to put them, but there was no place else to go-without altering the performance (choking off the horn)-or making the cabinet larger.

You guys might want to re-think this. There is no way in hell that I'm aiming a set of wheels at my audience. I'm looking for speakers  that look cool, not speakers that look like they came out of someone's garage. Please no wheels, cables, or connectors on the fronts of the speaker guys. Maybe we could get the wheels mounted on the back or something? Confused

What about a caster plate/base? Seems easy enough.

Otherwise, I'm pretty pumped about this new "portable" sub. I never thought I'd hear portable and Danley in the same sentence. Laughing  I stand corrected. Embarassed

Paul

jason misterka

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 10:04:05 am »

I heard these at a demo with a bunch of other Danley products.

I can probably speak for everyone in attendance when I say they stole the show.  It would have been nice the hear them with a drum kit instead of a mastered CD, and it would have been nice if they had a bigger amp to try them out on, but we all were really impressed.  And we were mostly regional providers used to high Q very loud touring boxes.

That said, they are difficult to move even with the "touring" wheels, especially down a curb and up a truck ramp.  Once they are on a flat stage, it was fine, but until then...

If - hopefully, when Smile - we buy some, I was thinking of putting two side by side on a single caster plate of some sort, assuming that it could be designed to fit a truck ramp.  Maybe they could come up with something smart at the factory.

Otherwise at the demo, the Genesis is pretty cool, and gives you some neat options for installations.  With the right budget, a pair center hung could be just the ticket for a lot of HOW or theatrical installations with a balcony.

Jason

john nelson

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 10:26:54 am »

15" x 36' x 36" does not strike me as a very good set of dimensions for a truck pack but the specs do look good.

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 11:25:14 am »

[I was thinking of putting two side by side on a single caster plate of some sort, assuming that it could be designed to fit a truck ramp.  Maybe they could come up with something smart at the factory.

Jason[/quote]

Jason,
Thanks for the kind words.  The install version doesn't have wheels so it would be easy for us to have a tour model that has no wheels and a caster plate option.  It is an easy fix, we just want to give folks options so for the small regional, perhaps the wheels attached make sense, for the bigger folks, caster plates.  The TH812 and TH221 both make use of a very heavy duty caster plate.  

Thanks,

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

HarryBrillJr.

• http://www.rationalacoustics.com/forums/
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 11:27:36 am »

john nelson wrote on Tue, 10 March 2009 09:26

15" x 36' x 36" does not strike me as a very good set of dimensions for a truck pack but the specs do look good.

in a 96" or 90" truck you could pack 6 across and stick 6 more on top.  12 subs in 3ft of depth.
Harry Brill Jr.
Tiger Audio, Inc.

http://www.tigeraudioinc.com/avatar.gif

Scott Raymond

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 02:30:35 pm »

Michael Hedden Jr. wrote on Tue, 10 March 2009 07:38

PS
Last week we had our first demo of a Genesis Horn array for tops and the Matterhorn for subs! There's full range with headroom for you.

Hmmm....Just add a hydralic fold up tower on the roof (Matterhorn) and a fold down deck for the back for a 30 min PA.  Back one up on each side of the stage, roll the Genesis (or whatever) out and hoist away.  Cool

P.S. Ever thought of offering the Matterhorn as a kit to save on shipping costs (buy the box locally) for die-hard builders?  Laughing

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 02:49:58 pm »

Hmmm....Just add a hydralic fold up tower on the roof (Matterhorn) and a fold down deck for the back for a 30 min PA.  Back one up on each side of the stage, roll the Genesis (or whatever) out and hoist away.  Cool

Well we have had several requests for a pole cup mounted box Laughing  Come to think of it, center of gravity issues would certainly be minimized.

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

Franz Francis

Re: New Danley Sub (TH-115 with Nexo Geot)
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 03:48:53 pm »

This is a little off topic note I am not trying to divert the present topic, but it is related to the Sub thread of topic indirectly.
During the February Carnival Festival season I deployed twenty TH-115 with our Nexo rig,the results was just unbelievable .

Probably the Danley guys would not recommend arraying the subs this way but I discovered there is huge amount of forward directivity in this configuration.
index.php/fa/21486/0/

Franz

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 04:09:20 pm »

Franz[/quote]
Franz,
I have sttached the TEF measurements of an array of four on top of four just like you've got shown that I measured a couple of years ago.  The actual measured NOT calculated response is -6dB 90 degrees off axis @40Hz and more attenuation as you go up in frequency. Directly behind the array is over -20dB down @40Hz as well.  Bottom line, the technique works ridiculously well.  

Thanks,

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

HarryBrillJr.

• http://www.rationalacoustics.com/forums/
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 05:38:08 pm »

That kind of directivity lends itself well to the left/right sub configuration because power alley, although not eliminated is drastically reduced, and the affect is limited to a smaller pie slice either side of the middle.

This is one of the main reason I like to have a (seemingly) ridiculous qty of subs.
Harry Brill Jr.
Tiger Audio, Inc.

http://www.tigeraudioinc.com/avatar.gif

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 05:38:08 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.