ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New Danley Sub  (Read 45722 times)

Stephen G Robertson

Re: New Danley Sub
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 11:59:11 pm »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Mon, 09 March 2009 22:08

There are some serious limitations on what products can actually do-for a given weight/coverage etc.  Yes the boxes could be made out of plastic (and sound like it Laughing ) or made out of carbon fiber and be really expensive Shocked .

It is not just about making a box that has a particular weight/output. It is also about making it SOUND good, not just throwing out "another box" that will make a loud noise-there are plenty of those out there.

Really, it is about weight and output.
Most all of your top boxes put SQ as their most important design critera, size and weight be damned.  I totally respect that. I would use a pair of SH96 if I could. But its not remotely feasible. It does not matter how good it sounds if i can't use it. So I buy from the other guy, and those Nexo's sound great. If they can do it so can you.

Really, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, Just a little constructive criticism from an otherwise delighted customer. Very Happy  
"Neve's not even Neve anymore like Neve used to be when it was Neve before it changed to Neve without Neve."

Mike Pyle

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 12:04:22 am »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Mon, 09 March 2009 20:08

Yes- on the portable version of the TH212, the castors go on the front of the cabinet-on the slanted board.  Yes it is an odd place to put them, but there was no place else to go-without altering the performance (choking off the horn)-or making the cabinet larger.

Where will the handles be? Is there a mudflap option? j/k
Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound
707-315-6204
Dealer: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, KV2, FBT, EAW, Danley, SLS, Turbosound, dBTech
 APB,A&H,Audix,Shure,Powersoft,RoadReady,K&M,Ultimate ,Global Truss,DENON,Chauvet,Elation...

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 12:22:50 am »

Maybe variable geometry is the secret? The data sheet photograph is confusing.

Or did M. C. Escher make the photograph?

index.php/fa/21475/0/
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.

Pascal Pincosy

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 12:27:13 am »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Mon, 09 March 2009 20:08

Yes- on the portable version of the TH212, the castors go on the front of the cabinet-on the slanted board.  Yes it is an odd place to put them, but there was no place else to go-without altering the performance (choking off the horn)-or making the cabinet larger.

You guys might want to re-think this. There is no way in hell that I'm aiming a set of wheels at my audience. I'm looking for speakers  that look cool, not speakers that look like they came out of someone's garage. Please no wheels, cables, or connectors on the fronts of the speaker guys. Maybe we could get the wheels mounted on the back or something? Confused
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

Matt Harris

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 01:48:41 am »

I don't want the people who drink too much and pass out on the dance floor to have to stare at those wheels Laughing

HarryBrillJr.

• http://www.rationalacoustics.com/forums/
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 02:24:33 am »

Matt Harris wrote on Tue, 10 March 2009 00:48

I don't want the people who drink too much and pass out on the dance floor to have to stare at those wheels Laughing

I laughed so hard I started to cough.  Nearly woke my wife up too.

I think they are tilt back wheels.  I've never been fond of them because they are awkward and once in position in front of the stage you have to work them out.  In this case they seem like they would be easy to put into and pull out of position because the wheels are on the front.
Harry Brill Jr.
Tiger Audio, Inc.

http://www.tigeraudioinc.com/avatar.gif

Pascal Pincosy

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 02:34:33 am »

Yeah I guess if you never stack them up on their sides using the included interlocking skids it wouldn't be that big of a deal.  Rolling Eyes
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 08:34:45 am »

Matt Harris wrote on Mon, 09 March 2009 23:58

No phase trace for the specs?

When that was measured the wind was blowing pretty good.  You can forget about phase response with the wind blowing.

BTW who else shows phase traces on their products?
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 08:38:09 am »

Really, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, Just a little constructive criticism from an otherwise delighted customer. Very Happy  [/quote]
Your comments are very much appreciated and as Ivan has already stated, several things are in the works and fact is we will bring close to a dozen new products to INFOCOMM due to customer requests.

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

PS
Last week we had our first demo of a Genesis Horn array for tops and the Matterhorn for subs! There's full range with headroom for you.

Ivan Beaver

Re: New Danley Sub-some details
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 08:51:25 am »

The handles on the portable version are on the corner opposite the wheels.  It moves real easy, unless you are tall, and then you have to bend over a little bit.

Yeah I don't like the wheels on the front either, but in trying to keep the package as small as possible (it over 20% smaller than a TH115), that was the only place.  Yes a caster plate could have been used-but that would drive up the cost and have one more thing to have to deal with at the gig.

It is all a matter of compromise.

But HEY-it is distinctive Laughing

There are actually 2 operating "modes".  One is with the cabinet laying on it's large side, the sound "exit" is on the narrow side-15" tall.  This is for ground stacking.  There are interlocking skids on the portable version.

If you want a LOT more forward directivity then you can swap the exit panel and another panel on the side to where the sound comes out in a corner of the large side.

You can take 4 of these and put them in a square with the mouths all in the middle and you will gain quite a bit of forward directivity (ie cardioid action-so to speak).  This will increase the level out front and reduce it in the rear.  You have 180
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: New Danley Sub-some details
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 08:51:25 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.