ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New Danley Sub  (Read 45721 times)

Jay Cropper

New Danley Sub
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:52:16 pm »

Tim McCulloch

Re: New Danley Sub
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:36:48 pm »

And they will perform as specified, too.

To start with, Danley doens't make up numbers; next they pay for 3rd party measurement and verification.

The only other manufacturer who's numbers I don't question is Community.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Joe Henson

• http://www.myspace.com/nfproductions
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:53:10 pm »

+ 1 for them not just looking good on paper

Tim Padrick

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »

Check the graph for efficiency.  They call it 104.  Some manufacturers would have claimed 107, 109, or even 112 from the same box.

Jay Cropper

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 10:16:22 pm »

Oh, I DEFINITELY don't question their products.  They're some of the best. Sorry, I phrased my opening statement wrong.  These are apparently the ones Ivan alluded to as having more punch then the TH-115.

Chris Davis

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:39:11 pm »

Looks like quite a bit of sound for a 36" square box (I'd like to see a shootout between a block of these and a block of EAW LA400s..hehe).  
I can imagine this becoming a defacto standard among those of us watching the size and weight of each box.

Chris Davis

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:45:47 pm »

Or 113. Twisted Evil Yeah baby...

Tim Padrick wrote on Mon, 09 March 2009 22:09

Check the graph for efficiency.  They call it 104.  Some manufacturers would have claimed 107, 109, or even 112 from the same box.

Stephen G Robertson

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 10:54:35 pm »

Dear Tom, Mike, Ivan

I am writing to let you know of a huge deficiency in your product line. I am the happy owner of a pair of a pair of TH-115 and they rock. But 2 years ago when I needed a high output speaker on a stick, Danley offered no such product so I bought Nexo PS15's.   Two years have passed and 8 or 10 very interesting products have been released. But no 90x50 HIGH OUTPUT (130dB+), 80 pound or less, Speaker on a stick. The SH-95 comes close, but not quite. I know your market is install but really, if you build it they will come. For every SH96 or SH25 you sell. You could sell 100 of the box I propose. Oh and the new sub looks cool, do the casters go on the front of the box?

Your Friend,
Steve  
"Neve's not even Neve anymore like Neve used to be when it was Neve before it changed to Neve without Neve."

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:08:15 pm »

There are some serious limitations on what products can actually do-for a given weight/coverage etc.  Yes the boxes could be made out of plastic (and sound like it Laughing ) or made out of carbon fiber and be really expensive Shocked .

It is not just about making a box that has a particular weight/output. It is also about making it SOUND good, not just throwing out "another box" that will make a loud noise-there are plenty of those out there.

There are more things "in the works".

Yes- on the portable version of the TH212, the castors go on the front of the cabinet-on the slanted board.  Yes it is an odd place to put them, but there was no place else to go-without altering the performance (choking off the horn)-or making the cabinet larger.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Matt Harris

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 11:58:59 pm »

No phase trace for the specs?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 11:58:59 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.