ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding Someone to Dial in System  (Read 1793 times)

Dave Nuss

Finding Someone to Dial in System
« on: February 26, 2009, 10:45:16 PM »

Hello,

With advice from a pro/vendor I installed a new sound system in a local theatre a few years back. I want to see what it would cost to get someone in here to dissect it and improve it with alignment, gain stages and all the good stuff. I did my best but is not good enough. We are in Rolla MO so someone from Saint Louis-Springfield-Columbia-Jeff City MO would be best. Anyone on here from MO or where do I go about finding someone?

TIA

Ivan Beaver

Re: Finding Someone to Dial in System
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »

Since the install is a couple of years old, one of the first things I would do is to make a list of various "issues" the owners may have with the system.

Then you have some targets to shoot for when talking to somebody.

One thng I ask all the time is "Exactly what is it you want me to do?".

Yes there may be some other issues that need to be addressed, but getting the big stuff that is causing problems would be on the top of my list-as opposed to fixing little things that may not make a real difference.  For example reducing the noise of the system (unless it is really bad Shocked ) is no where near as important as fixing bad coverage, tonal imbalance etc.

First things first.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.