ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brush Off?  (Read 3167 times)

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
Re: Brush Off?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 07:35:22 PM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Tue, 24 March 2009 00:00

I wasn't going to post this, but I did a pair of gigs this weekend. One was for the benefit of handicapped people. mostly those in wheel chairs. We got to the site 3 hours ahead of time, backup the truck and loaded in.

Using the ramp on the 18' box truck we went from the truck to a back porch just to the side of the stage and didn't look any further, never went out the front door.

About 7pm we noticed a pretty slim crowd and had been told to expect the proverdial "shit load" of people.

We heard a commotion out front and found the event co-ordinator in tears. It turns out she booked a hall with no handicapped access.

We put our roadie to work running people up the ramp of the truck into the back, then a short ride, lower the ramp onto the front porch and roll em out into the hall like cattle.

We helped in everyone with a whell chair and we helped them all out at the end of the night. It also turned out that someone put a giant brandy glass on the bar which was given to us at the end of the night. It had just about $800 in it. We gave that back to the charity. I think we'll get the job again next year.

I'm glad there wasn't a fire.

Jim Seguin

Re: Brush Off?
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Mon, 23 March 2009 18:00

I wasn't going to post this, but I did a pair of gigs this weekend. One was for the benefit of handicapped people. mostly those in wheel chairs. We got to the site 3 hours ahead of time, backup the truck and loaded in.

Using the ramp on the 18' box truck we went from the truck to a back porch just to the side of the stage and didn't look any further, never went out the front door.

About 7pm we noticed a pretty slim crowd and had been told to expect the proverdial "shit load" of people.

We heard a commotion out front and found the event co-ordinator in tears. It turns out she booked a hall with no handicapped access.

We put our roadie to work running people up the ramp of the truck into the back, then a short ride, lower the ramp onto the front porch and roll em out into the hall like cattle.

We helped in everyone with a whell chair and we helped them all out at the end of the night. It also turned out that someone put a giant brandy glass on the bar which was given to us at the end of the night. It had just about $800 in it. We gave that back to the charity. I think we'll get the job again next year.

Wow Bob - way to go!  Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks out there that would have just sat there on a road case and watched the event take a crap while listening to their iPod through the PA (while still collecting their paycheck).

Now, back to the original post:  I would send them a quote with various clauses and options built in that will allow you to price the gig out properly, depending on what the gig is (if it even exists...)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.