ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: nx750p, u15p, zxa5? looking for powered speakers for small venue  (Read 9305 times)

Caleb Dick

Re: Mixer
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 06:09:16 PM »

For mixer, Yamaha 01V96.  There were a few used ones under $1600 recently, one for only $1k  Shocked  I don't know of anything that comes close to it for remotely close in price; the LS9-16 is triple the cost.

Caleb
Caleb Dick
AVE
-----------------
Why waste time with second best

Experience is something you get just after you need it

Marlow Wilson

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »

Caleb Dick wrote on Mon, 23 March 2009 17:09

For mixer, Yamaha 01V96.  There were a few used ones under $1600 recently, one for only $1k  Shocked  I don't know of anything that comes close to it for remotely close in price; the LS9-16 is triple the cost.

Caleb

Was that on ebay?  I've been looking for one for a while but am still chasing that elusive deal.  Sorry to take this thread of the original point.  For the OP, the 01V96 may not be the best option for visiting 'engineers'.  
My venue has a mackie 1604 installed (in the DJ booth which is stage right) for all the professional pub circuit musicians who don't want digital (ie no soundman) as well as for smaller acts where (usually small acoustic duo/trio) who just plug and play themselves.

I do want a 01V96 which is what the soundman I currently hire brings in for medium acts, but I wouldn't skip the inexpensive small mixer for a modest venue/bar unless you always plan on having a house tech there.
I should probably be doing something else right now....

tim flynn

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »

i'm only going to ocassionally have concerts so i plan to do the mixing.  i think i'm going to start out with a peavey 16fx and upgrade when i understand that mixer fully and find it coming up short.

Rainer Halonen

Re: nx750p, u15p, zxa5? looking for powered speakers for small venue
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »

My suggestion would be a pair of U15P's... Ideally with a pair of UCS1P subs (or buy those later when you can afford them).

For a mixer, a Yamaha 01V96 (if you can find a used one at a good price) would give you everything you need. For less money, a MixWiz is the way to go - but it won't give you all the "built in extras" of a digital board.

Rainer Halonen

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »

tim flynn wrote on Tue, 24 March 2009 01:11

i'm only going to ocassionally have concerts so i plan to do the mixing.  i think i'm going to start out with a peavey 16fx and upgrade when i understand that mixer fully and find it coming up short.

If you already have the board, give it a try... If you don't already have a board, you would be MUCH better off picking up a MixWiz. I think you will find that the Peavey "comes up short" sooner than you think.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.