ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rige Lighting  (Read 6173 times)

Patrick Kraehenbuehl

Rige Lighting
« on: March 02, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with these guys? I have a client who is insistent on getting equipment from Rige Lighting, and although the appear to be somewhat legitimate, I have advised over and over that buying equipment from non industry know vendors leads to a multitude of problems. However, having done no production work in Asia, I have no basis to say they are not reliable.

I can not find any information or specs on any of their fixtures which is about 4 red flags in my book, and also can not find any user manuals attached to the "links" to their user manuals.

It seems to me that they are trying to emulate a fair amount of Elation and Chauvet fixtures, but I always remember the client who bought a Chinese manufactured Avolite Pearl knock off, where the scene roll bar was nothing but a non movable decor piece to the board. That was fun.

Heres the website if anyone with more experienced eyes cares to take a look around for me.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

P

Kevin Esprella

• No Regret Productions
Re: Rige Lighting
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »

I've never heard of them. Also what is the link for the company I didn't see it in your post.

Todd Black

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »

Does anyone have any experience with these guys? I have a client who is insistent on getting equipment from Rige Lighting, and although the appear to be somewhat legitimate, I have advised over and over that buying equipment from non industry know vendors leads to a multitude of problems. However, having done no production work in Asia, I have no basis to say they are not reliable.

I can not find any information or specs on any of their fixtures which is about 4 red flags in my book, and also can not find any user manuals attached to the "links" to their user manuals.

It seems to me that they are trying to emulate a fair amount of Elation and Chauvet fixtures, but I always remember the client who bought a Chinese manufactured Avolite Pearl knock off, where the scene roll bar was nothing but a non movable decor piece to the board. That was fun.

Heres the website if anyone with more experienced eyes cares to take a look around for me.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

P

watch out for lack of (of fraudulent) UL listing

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

I've never heard of them. Also what is the link for the company I didn't see it in your post.

My guess is this is it.  (Never heard of them) 
Noticed that they have a mover that looks exactly like the Blizzard Flurry wash mover
(I've seen that light or copies of it at quite a few different sites lately)

http://www.rigelighting.com/

James Feenstra

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »

My guess is this is it.  (Never heard of them) 
Noticed that they have a mover that looks exactly like the Blizzard Flurry wash mover
(I've seen that light or copies of it at quite a few different sites lately)

http://www.rigelighting.com/
They're a Chinese knock off company for sure. Prices are generally cheap and personally I wouldn't buy anything outside of LEDs from them. Movers are sure to need constant service and require parts fairly often which would obviously need to come from the manufacturer. Odds of getting any kind of warranty on them is slim as well...at least anything they'd back up.

For the most part, you get what you pay for.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.