ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Th115 vs Deuce  (Read 15277 times)

Pascal Pincosy

Re: Th115 vs Deuce
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:28 PM »

Michael Hedden Jr. wrote on Thu, 29 January 2009 04:43

From the ground level I can load and unload 115's by myself into my pickup.

Can you explain how you do that? I haven't ever tried doing the same without 2 people, but it might come in handy sometime...
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

John Chiara

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 01:04:57 AM »

Pascal Pincosy wrote on Thu, 29 January 2009 20:10

Can you explain how you do that? I haven't ever tried doing the same without 2 people, but it might come in handy sometime...

I would think just back them up to the tailgate and lift..they should slide right in. The TH 115 is by far the most easily managed sub I have ever used. You can literaly push them around with one hand.
John
"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 07:47:19 AM »

John Chiara wrote on Fri, 30 January 2009 01:04

Pascal Pincosy wrote on Thu, 29 January 2009 20:10

I would think just back them up to the tailgate and lift..they should slide right in. The TH 115 is by far the most easily managed sub I have ever used. You can literaly push them around with one hand.
John

That is how you do it.  Easy-unless you have a monster truck-and then it is a different story Laughing .  But "normal" full sized pickups are no problem.

I can also stack them 3 high by myself.  I don't like doing it-it is safer to have another person help, but it can be done.

2 people can stack them 4 high fairly easily-assuming they are not short people.
Shocked
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 02:39:28 PM »

What I did do was run a 25Hz high pass filter as recommended in the Danley literature and also by Ivan. With 1250 watts of power per cabinet, I lost several drivers to overexcursion in both blocks of 6 and 12 subs. I don't really feel comfortable going much below 40Hz. Granted the drivers that broke were several years old.
[/quote]

Pascal,
It could have been a driver surround issue.  By way of background, 12 TH115's do all the sub work at Cirque's Love Show in Vegas.  After being in place for over a year we had a driver failure or two.  When I asked where the high pass was set, I was told there wasn't one!  If you've seen the Love Show there is a WWII bombing raid and the subs really get pushed deep and loud.  Anyhow, we examined the drivers that failed and it appeared to be a defective surround which to their credit B&C replaced with new units utilizing a new surround material and we now have several hundred shows behind us with no driver failures. Remember this is a show that runs two or three shows a day,six days a week (I know, it should be eight days a week) Laughing  

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

Pascal Pincosy

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »

Michael Hedden Jr. wrote on Fri, 30 January 2009 11:39

Pascal,
It could have been a driver surround issue.  By way of background, 12 TH115's do all the sub work at Cirque's Love Show in Vegas.  After being in place for over a year we had a driver failure or two.  When I asked where the high pass was set, I was told there wasn't one!  If you've seen the Love Show there is a WWII bombing raid and the subs really get pushed deep and loud.  Anyhow, we examined the drivers that failed and it appeared to be a defective surround which to their credit B&C replaced with new units utilizing a new surround material and we have now have several hundred shows behind us with no driver failures. Remember this is a show that runs two or three shows a day,six days a week (I know, it should be eight days a week) Laughing  

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

I wish I'd known that before I spent all that money on recones  Crying or Very Sad I'll be sure to call you when I blow up some more  Twisted Evil I'm very good at killing sub drivers.
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

Kemper Watson

• http://www.theplaceholders.com
So they started slinging Danley TH-115's off the truck
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 05:24:56 PM »

I had the pleasure of meeting Mat Harris and hearing/teching/harassing/ his band Fly By Radio weekend before last at the club I work at, the now infamous Peachtree Tavern.
 The rig at the club is the SoundPower series by JBL and is a very good sounding rig. So I was kinda surprised when they started bringing in PA, then I saw the Danleys. Now I'd heard the 115's before at the Masquerade gig with Evan but they were being used along with the newer boxes Ivan brought so I didn't hear the 115's by themselves.
 So Matt gets the rig fired up and immediately my plans change. I own JBL SRX 728's and was planning on two more but after hearing and moving the 115's around, well not anymore. The boxes go low, are tight and the low end consumes you without sounding annoying, like double 18's can.
 Later, Mats band goes on and the PA is awesome (Matt, you've done your homework) and his crowd is the largest I've seen so far at the venue.
So when you guys coming back?  

Matt Harris

Re: So they started slinging Danley TH-115's off the truck
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »

It was kind of a surprise meeting. He recognized the TH-115's and I recognized the name "Kemper". We quickly figured out that we were fellow LABsters. It was great working with Kemper, he has a very good ear. We are going to be back in Atlanta in mid-March.

And yes, I still love the Danley's, even though the "newness" has worn off. We just did an 850+ capacity club in Birmingham, AL where the owner said "You're shaking everything off the walls in my office, thats never happened before!"
Of course right after that he said turn it down Mad

David J Lee

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »

Sorry to revive this after so long but I just got the chance to check out the Deuces that Matt measured.  I am refurbishing them as they transition between Matt and their new owner.  

They are way off spec.  The drivers were loose, bleeding pressure between the rear chamber and the horn throat.  The driver clamps had broken and/or bent and were no longer holding the driver firmly to the baffle. Also the NL4 panels were loose, missing screws and bleeding pressure to the outside air.  There was evidence of moisture inside the cabinet and the gasket tape on the cover panel over the drivers was missing some pieces.  

The inconsistency in their measured performance was most likely due to the broken driver clamps and the absence of a good seal on the exterior of the rear chamber.  

Matt had to replace the drivers more than once and these broken clamps and the resulting air leaks go a long way toward explaining why.  Matt had the earliest boxes and these clamps have long since been eliminated from production.  

Best regards,

David Lee
BASSMAXX
David J. Lee
BASSMAXX
What You Hear Is True
davidlee(at)bassmaxx.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.