ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Th115 vs Deuce  (Read 15347 times)

Matt Harris

Th115 vs Deuce
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:02:24 PM »

I have a pair of each that i unloaded just to do this test. Since i have received a lot of help with smaart i though i would run this test for you guys. I am not giving my opinions on either sub at the moment, just the facts. I will post my review later.

The setup macbook, 48k pink noise, fasttrack pro, DBX meas mic, miz wiz directly into 1 input of a CrestPro 9200. The measurements were taken outdoors at 10ft. I used the lines in my driveway as reference position because the ground was wet and tape would not stick. Mic was directly on axis for the single cab test and directly in between the cabs for the double cab tests.

As you all know i am new to Smaart so take this FWIW. The Danleys are the 8ohm versions and the Deuces are 4 ohm. I adjusted the Danleys for 3db on the traces.

The first tests i had the gain just over -12db for the single deuce. Of course when i ran two cabs things got a bit hotter. Not wanting to touch anything, I just went through with all of the measurements as is.  I then retested everything starting with the pair of deuces at -12db. I know this probably does not make much of a difference but i didnt want to do this wrong. Also, for each test the Auto LG was used before hand.

Here are the results

EDIT: I should also add that i angled the mic down a little bit more for the 2nd test and for some reason, test 2 phase for the danley was thrown off. Thats why i posted both, so take your pick.

index.php/fa/20606/0/

Matt Harris

Re: Th115 vs Deuce
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »

index.php/fa/20607/0/

Matt Harris

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »

index.php/fa/20608/0/

Matt Harris

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:03:37 PM »

Edit: to insert pics in body, pictures annotated.

index.php/fa/20603/0/index.php/fa/20609/0/

Matt Harris

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »

Here is a picture of the test conditions. I realize the ground is wet, the mic ws not in contact with the ground, just close. The Deuce pics were taken after the test, hence the unplugged speaker cable.

index.php/fa/20604/0/

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »

Matt-

Which traces are for which speakers?

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Matt Harris

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »

it says right there in the screen shots tim, whatever cab is mentioned in the trace notes, the other cab is the other color.

Test 1: Danley = Orange/ Deuce= Blue
Test 2: Danley = Green/ Deuce - Purple/magenta

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »

Matt Harris wrote on Wed, 28 January 2009 14:29

it says right there in the screen shots tim, whatever cab is mentioned in the trace notes, the other cab is the other color.

Test 1: Danley = Orange/ Deuce= Blue
Test 2: Danley = Green/ Deuce - Purple/magenta

The labels on the Smaart screen are not readable though. It would help a lot if you add into each post a description of what we are looking at.

Mac

Matt Harris

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »

Ok i fixed the pics. Also the delay times were re-adjusted for each measurement but smaart does not store that in the traces. Thats why they all appear t be the same.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »

Thanks for the notations, but wouldn't have been simpler to just add the notes to the body text of the post?

Mac
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.