ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PA Setup  (Read 8448 times)

Winston Gamble

Re: New PA Setup
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »

Plenty of good specific advice already, so I'll just chime in with my experience with our previous Eon 15G-2 based experience.
I run sound for my wife's rock/blues band and we started out with EON's. At that time they were a 5 piece band with 4 vocals, lead electric, rythmn electric/accoustic, bass, key and drums. My experience leads me to believe you are planning on trying to get 10lbs of sound out 5lbs of speakers.
I would suggest you start out with as few inputs as possible and only add what you have to to the PA to start with. Vocals, accoustic, keys, bass and kick will pretty quickly use up your system capabilities if you are planning on running at any kind of rock levels in spaces that will hold more than 75-80 people. While the EON's get pretty loud, I think they also get pretty muddy sounding the more you throw at them.
While we actually do mic most everything on stage, the guitar amps cover the majority of our venue level needs and I just fill them out a bit with the PA. The same holds true for the drum kit with the exception of kick and depending on the venue size. In my case, the band is very good at keeping stage levels under control which helps greatly.
You don't mention monitors, how are these DI guitar players hearing them selves?

Good Luck, Winston.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.