ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: louder and lower  (Read 12512 times)

leon douven

• http://www.drsjaak.nl
Re: louder and lower-BLEND! Good luck
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 04:26:25 PM »

sorry guys I could not resist... guess who the obnoxious owner of this bass-rig is?index.php/fa/20204/0/

Levi Horton III

• http://www.lh3audio.com
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 05:54:23 PM »

Every band needs a lead ego.
Levi Horton III
F.O.H. System tech and monitors

Matt F Castle

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 06:52:54 PM »

Having just read this tread with some intrigue and then gone back and read the original post:

My understanding is the original post is asking for:

A Sub that goes lower and louder than a Labsub, but has approx the same front area.

Oh, and goes LOWER and LOUDER than a Labsub, but has approx the same front area.

Then later mentions this is for stage use…..

I can see how people have gotten the idea of an obnoxious bass player that wants to be heard above the rest of the band…. Jibes with my understanding of the information presented.

Also what’s the point of the o/p posting a pix of a large pink pop stage, I though subsequent posts mentioned having this bass rig to help on the smaller gigs?

Would be advisable for the o/p to have a re-read of the thread and understand where everyone is coming from…

There seems to be contradicting goals been proposed, which leads to the conclusions made.

Best advice would be to invest in a bass rig that will go LOW, maybe with a lot of processing and limited volume and some plexi glass isolation so it can be mic’d and put threw the PA.  And spending some on the whole bands PA (sub’s) and putting the mic’d cab (and drums etc..) threw it?

So is the answer: No?

Rick Powell

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »

Derek Smalls of Spinal Tap
Rick Powell
StudioLive 16:4:2
JTR Triple 8 Mains
Danley TH115 Subwoofers
Bag End TA15 Floor Monitors
Crown xti6000/4000/2000

"There are two types of people...those who divide people into two types, and those who don't."

Ivan Beaver

Re: louder and lower-BLEND! Missing the point
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »

leon douven wrote on Mon, 12 January 2009 16:26

sorry guys I could not resist... guess who the obnoxious owner of this bass-rig is?index.php/fa/20204/0/

I don't know who's rig that is-nor do I care.  It is just a photo- and is pretty quiet on my computer Laughing Maybe I need bigger speakers Rolling Eyes

You will find that generally the more musical the player-the quieter they play.  Being in a popular band does not make you musical.

As the bass player for Poison once stated "I didn't want to be a musician-I wanted to be a rock star!" Shocked

It is NOT about how much gear is piled up, it IS all about how loud that gear actually is Shocked .

To say in another way-it is NOT about how loud the rig can get-but how loud it is actually used.

In your posts you are mostly concerned with "more SPL". So that means you simply want it louder (and lower-no problem with that-just the louder part).

The use of dummy cabinets is nothing new.  Neither is the use of stupid loud rigs.

One is fine-the other is not.  One is nice and looks cool-the other just sounds stupid-sorry-but that is the way it is-period!

BTW -just being on a big stage does not make you "a star" or prove anything.  

Of course maybe trying to be really loud is just a "complex" and you are trying to make up for something else that is not quite so "impressive". Laughing  Laughing

Sorry I couldn't resist.

For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.