ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF 8008 as Subs  (Read 2084 times)

Jack Wooten II

RCF 8008 as Subs
« on: December 28, 2023, 12:01:07 PM »

SO... We recently were forced to go with the 8008 as subs because of backorder issues! Still! We have had 16 of the 9006 on order for 8 months now. You would think by now this would have been down to 2-3 weeks. So I was not so sure of how we would like these..

BUT let me say this.... WOW! I was really impressed with them as far as performance goes, still a little heavy for what it is. Running 12 of them under 16 HDL30s. Only three complaints so far...

1. No RD NET
2. Two dead amp modules out of the box.. (RCF did overnight two to replace them).
3. No karts are offered for these subs. (You will have to build your own)

For small to mid level productions companies I do think these will hold their own. I do think they will pair great and or better with the HDL20s. The cardioid set is really good and cancels quite a bit from the stage.

So far we have put 8 Shows on them.

Shean Kingston at collage show outdoors with 6500 screaming kids in attendance and the did a good job.

Nashville acts in a room of 5500 did the room Fantastic!

Southern soul show with heavy low end they we ok to about 75 ft then we started to loose energy.

However they sure seem better than the New JBL SRX subs for sure! Was not impressed at ALL with those.

We use Smaart and open source to tune the rigs in all applications, I just wish they would add RD NET to these boxes..

Has anyone else used these Subs in any applications? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

ProSoundWeb Community

RCF 8008 as Subs
« on: December 28, 2023, 12:01:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.