ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Do anyone know Void Acoustis Stasys series speakers?  (Read 53283 times)

Christian Jensen

Do anyone know Void Acoustis Stasys series speakers?
« on: December 30, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »

Hey. I was looking as some diffrent speakers and i found a brand called Void, i havent heard of them before, but they sound prety interesting.
There homepage is www.voidaudio.com
It seems to be quite powerfull speakers with a 3-way 12" top that gives 135db con and 140db peak and a double 18" giving 139db con and 144db peak.

Do you know anything about them? how do they sound compaird to the price?

As it is now my alternativ is L'Acoustics 12XT and SB118, how will the Stasys series compaird to that?
Sorry for the bad english

Nathan Short

• http://www.myspace.com/nathanshort
Re: Do anyone know Void Acoustis Stasys series speakers?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:15:33 PM »

We have a demo rig of 4 arcline 6 tops and 4 arcline x subs here in Chicago.  Tops powered by a Custom Thrive Maya (think BGW 750B meets Bryston, on steroids. 40 output mosfets a/b bipolar), and the Subs are on a PL380.

Box for box, the Stasys would mop the floor with the L'Acoustics boxes you are suggesting as the alternative.  

Rog is a great designer, and his designs are in my top three favorite brands including L'Acoustics and Martin Audio London.

Just make sure to pick the right solution for your coverage and SPL needs.

You can email Matt Edgar for more info sales.usa@voidaudio.com
AIS Chicago--System Designer

Freelance FOH/Monitor/System Tech/Stage Manager/
Stagehand Lead/Production Coordinator/Sound Enthusiast/Speaker Design

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/NATHANSHORT
WWW.Facebook.com/NathanShort

Christian Jensen

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:35:55 PM »

I can see that the stasys only has a horizontal spreading of only 45 degree, is that enough to cover a dancefloor if there is about 8-12 meters between left and right stack? or is it nessersarry to arry two tops or use centerfill to get full coverage?

As i can see you know the speakers from L'Acoustics i whant, maybe you can help med pick the best system for me.
The choice is between:
4 L'Acoustics 12XT and 4 L'Acoustics SB118
2 Void Stasys 3 and 2 Void Stasys 8

what you need to consider here is that the system is going to be used for mobile jobs, wich means diffrent crowd sizes from 100 people and all the way to about 500-700 peoble, so its importent that the system is easy to transport and be able to work in many diffrent venues.
We have covered our jobs with a system at aproxemately the same size as the L'Acoustics before, so it should be big enough, bot can the 12XT work together if there are two SB118 on each side of the stage with a polemounted 12XT on top, or would i get serious phase problems?

Lee Brenkman

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:51 AM »

You really are comparing apples to oranges.

Even leaving the subs out of the discussion.

The Stasys 3 is a horn loaded three way box that weighs 48 kilograms and has a narrow horizontal and vertical dispersion.  It is meant to be used in multiples.

I know from past experience that one of this kind of box a side (Meyer MSL4s in most cases) do NOT do a good job of covering a small hotel ballroom with only one a side no matter how close together they are.   Spaced at 18 to 20 feet apart some parts of the room and going to have too much and other parts not nearly enough direct sound.

The L'acoustics is a two way coaxial box that only weighs 29 kilograms and has a 90 degree coverage patten.  Using a pair of these "side by each" on each side of the stage and splayed properly will cause a pattern too wide for that same hotel ballroom

If flexibility and portability are truly your main concerns than thw 12XTs are a much better choice IF their maximum output levels meets the needs of you and your clients.

If you need heavier duty SPL and have the means and will to move multiples of the Void boxes than that's the way you should go.

One final thought.  If you are concerned with corporate event planners or being "rider friendly" than Volt is a name that isn't very well known this side of the pond.

They are probably good though, Rog does seem to know his stuff.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

Marjan Milosevic

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 03:07:00 AM »

Two Stasys3 and two StasysX per side will do great job for you. Make that tree of each per side and you will be more than pleased.
And with the recent rate of the UK Pound vs Euro you can get them a lot cheaper now.

Paul Bell

• http://pbellsound.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »

If you want to get work, you'll need "rider friendly" gear. Most riders start out with: Meyer, JBL, L-Acoustic, EV, Nexo.....

I've NEVER seen Void on a rider. Come to think of it, I've never seen a Void product anywhere.
Paul Bell
PBell Sound New York City
paulATpbellsound.com
User/provider for:
McCauley, BASSMAXX, APB DynaSonics, QSC, Ashly, DBX, Rane Digital, Rapco, Faital Pro

Charlie Jeal

• http://www.beyondthedarkside.com
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 09:23:04 AM »

Christian,

As you already have a thread going in the basement discussing your needs, on which you have already received some good advice I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you start another.

That said I would avoid the void stuff completely Ive heard quite a bit of as a guy I know locally loves it, he's a well meaning amateur at best and he just likes how loud it will go in the small spaces he works in, it may go loud but its seems very "raucous" to my ear and its also very heavy in weight. Also their is the "unknown quantity" factor of the Void gear, as well it presents much more like well made "home brew" kit.

As to the L'acoustics stuff they're great boxes but probably not what you really need right now and also very pricy once you've got the appropriate amps and dsp etc.

As both Kristian Johnsen and myself have advised you several times take a look around for some older used tour grade boxes such as Turbo Flashlight or Floodlight with the Tsw 718 2x18 subs or maybe some KF850/SB850 stacks  four stacks of either  with amps and dsp should be affordable in your budget easily and would get you far better capabilities for your money even taking shipping into account.

Charlie
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others !!

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think Christian would be purchasing with his "Kroner" - although the Danish one is strong at the moment.

Edit:  Spelling

Christian Jensen

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »

I have looked at some of the old turbo, the problem is that there arent any of the systems in my pricerange.
The L'Acoustics is also more like a wish, I hope i can get the local soundcompany that uses them so sell me some of there gear for a good price.

This thread was ment as if any one had som information on Void. As some of you alread said then yes they are pritty hevy, like 130kg for a double 18"

Now that i am looking through Bob kellys page again i faund a Asamson system with 16 MH215 and 16B218 plus amps for 27000

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Realistic expectations
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:44 AM »

Christian Jensen wrote on Wed, 31 December 2008 11:17

I can also see that i can get 24 L'Acoustics V-Dosc for 125000

ProSoundWeb Community

Realistic expectations
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:44 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up