ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: "A" Typical  (Read 5653 times)

Duncan McLennan

Re: "A" Typical
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »

It's here.  I can't see across the street.  And there's about 15cm in the last two hours.
dcm
Waterloo & London, Ontario

Chris Hindle

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 11:04:02 AM »

Duncan McLennan wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 18:37

Tom Reid wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 18:13

Looks like a foot of snow tonight.  That means 3 feet with lake effect.

Yeah.  And here we get lake effect TWICE!  From both Michigan, and then Huron!

We're supposed to get over 65cm of snow in the next couple days.  Brutal.  I'm not going to buy Christmas presents for anyone simply because I won't be able to get to any stores.

Hey Duncan, my Dad lives in Waterloo, and he's taking the train on Monday to spend Christmas with us yungins here in Montreal, to get out of the winter weather.
Our snow prediction for Friday thru Monday is -only- 20 cm.
(ya - like Environment Canada predictions are worth a snot ! )
Seems this season is shaping up to be like the end of last season - snow every 2 or 3 days.  Global warming ... riiiiiight
"Ya, whatever. Just stick a '57 on it, and get off the stage"
Chris.

Jonathan Heimberg

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »

Sick and wrong...

I lived in Vegas for 2 years, not a drop. I move to India and it starts snowing back 'home'....

Figures...

Mike Butler (media)

• http://www.mikebutlermedia.com
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 07:11:39 PM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 11:44

Adam Whetham wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 11:28

As soon as the first snow comes out, a grain shovel, blanket, snow boots, extra gloves, scarf, Neon Orange Construction ribbon, hat and coat get put into my car, along with the winter survival kit.

I was 8 years old when I learned the hard way with my dad why you carry these things. He had them all ready and we made it just fine on the side of the 2 lane highway for 2 hours until a pickup passing by saw the Bright orange ribbon on the antenna of the car, and took us to a farm house. to get a tractor to pull us out.

2 hours is nothing, but being prepared for longer is worth it.

That's why I also carry flares and a cell phone (along with all those other things, and more... the shovel is probably the most valuable part of the whole thing). Fortunately, I no longer drive the route I used to that put me well out of cell phone range for about an hour, in the middle of nowhere... I always worried I might have to spend the night beside the road sometime.

Concerns of that nature prompted me to also carry one of these:
index.php/fa/19757/0/

A Coghlans #9248 survival candle. With one of its three wicks lit it can go 36 hours, or you can light all three for max heat.
<a href="http://www.mikebutlermedia.com" target="_blank">http://www.mikebutlermedia.com</a>

Mike Butler Media * AV/video production * corporate event production * presentation services * marketing support * creative research * graphic design * photography

Duncan McLennan

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

I would just like to add that in addition to a shovel, a bag of kitty litter always stays in the car.  If you get stuck on ice, you can toss a little under your wheels to help grip.

My dad always did it, and it saved us a number of times when I was a kid.
dcm
Waterloo & London, Ontario

Caleb Dick

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »

Duncan McLennan wrote on Fri, 19 December 2008 16:15

I would just like to add that in addition to a shovel, a bag of kitty litter always stays in the car.  If you get stuck on ice, you can toss a little under your wheels to help grip.

My dad always did it, and it saved us a number of times when I was a kid.

How about 200# of water softener pellets and 200# of de-icer?  That's what I have in my car now - along with new snow tires.  Very Happy

Caleb
Caleb Dick
AVE
-----------------
Why waste time with second best

Experience is something you get just after you need it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.