ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: "A" Typical  (Read 5660 times)

Brad Ferguson

Re: "A" Typical
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 03:40:50 AM »

Adam Whetham wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 00:09

Looks like great weather to start practicing your power slides! That's what I do... gotta use that hand brake sometime.. Very Happy

I did a beautiful one tonight right into my girlfriend's driveway.  Very Happy
--
Brad Ferguson
Toronto, Ontario

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 07:26:21 AM »

Andy Zimmerman wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 21:51

Hey...if you like it, I would be happy to send you some of ours, along with the single - digit temps Smile

NAH! I'm just fine Very Happy  NOW.

But come July and Augusta I might take you up on your offer Laughing
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Scott Raymond

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »

Duncan McLennan wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 23:22

Adam Whetham wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 00:09

Looks like great weather to start practicing your power slides! That's what I do... gotta use that hand brake sometime.. Very Happy

Using the hand brake to turn is part of basic driver's-ed here.  Razz

I'm not sure I want a lot of people to learn that.  Laughing  I do however think we would be a lot better off if people had to spend an afternoon on a frozen empty parking lot driving a car "out of control".  A lot could learn a lifetime's worth of experience.  My mom hates to even be in a car doing donuts or the like.  If she would just "fool around" a bit in a safe place she would learn so much more about slick conditions and driving.  But she refuses to  even try.  At least she is safe and drives according to conditions unlike a lot of people.

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »

Scott Raymond (Scott R) wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 09:54

I'm not sure I want a lot of people to learn that.  Laughing  I do however think we would be a lot better off if people had to spend an afternoon on a frozen empty parking lot driving a car "out of control".  A lot could learn a lifetime's worth of experience.  My mom hates to even be in a car doing donuts or the like.  If she would just "fool around" a bit in a safe place she would learn so much more about slick conditions and driving.  But she refuses to  even try.  At least she is safe and drives according to conditions unlike a lot of people.

Ahh... driving in the snow always brings back fond memories of my first car, New Hampshire back roads, and icy parking lots. I spent a lot of time digging that thing out of a snowbank, but the experience has saved my ass on more than one occasion.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

As soon as the first snow comes out, a grain shovel, blanket, snow boots, extra gloves, scarf, Neon Orange Construction ribbon, hat and coat get put into my car, along with the winter survival kit.

I was 8 years old when I learned the hard way with my dad why you carry these things. He had them all ready and we made it just fine on the side of the 2 lane highway for 2 hours until a pickup passing by saw the Bright orange ribbon on the antenna of the car, and took us to a farm house. to get a tractor to pull us out.

2 hours is nothing, but being prepared for longer is worth it.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Nick Aghababian

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

Haha, I bet people were freaking out too! That looks normal for me!

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 11:44:33 AM »

Adam Whetham wrote on Thu, 18 December 2008 11:28

As soon as the first snow comes out, a grain shovel, blanket, snow boots, extra gloves, scarf, Neon Orange Construction ribbon, hat and coat get put into my car, along with the winter survival kit.

I was 8 years old when I learned the hard way with my dad why you carry these things. He had them all ready and we made it just fine on the side of the 2 lane highway for 2 hours until a pickup passing by saw the Bright orange ribbon on the antenna of the car, and took us to a farm house. to get a tractor to pull us out.

2 hours is nothing, but being prepared for longer is worth it.

That's why I also carry flares and a cell phone (along with all those other things, and more... the shovel is probably the most valuable part of the whole thing). Fortunately, I no longer drive the route I used to that put me well out of cell phone range for about an hour, in the middle of nowhere... I always worried I might have to spend the night beside the road sometime.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »

A few years ago a bandmate once ran out of gas in a no-cell-coverage zone coming home from a gig, about 3am, temps were about -35C.  There was a storm and nobody else on the roads, and since they were unprepared they were worried they would die out there if they waited till morning.  They got out and hiked for several miles until they eventually found a house.  They had severe frostbite but luckily nothing worse.

Moral of the story is be prepared.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »

Nothing beats doing reverse doughnuts with a front wheel drive in a big empty parking lot!

I love the Midwest.

-Dennis Wiggins
Good music is good forever, but you can't make bad music sound good.  You can only turn it down.

Dick Rees

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 04:08:27 PM »

Robert Sims wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 19:46

This might be normal for some of you, but Vegas...come on. Mad  index.php/fa/19720/0/

A little dandruff shampoo on the trees oughta take care of that.
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.