ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV ZX5's really usable for monitors?  (Read 5521 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Re: EV ZX5's really usable for monitors?
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »

Paul Lea wrote on Mon, 15 December 2008 09:11

That being said, the ZXa5 is on the way from EV for me to demo.  Hopefully, I will have it tomorrow.  Seems like it might be the ticket, 1250 watts, still pretty light.

Anyone using them and liking them or not?

Paul you will love the ZXa5! I had ordered two of them at my old shop job and they blew me away for the weight/sound and ease of use. We also bought the flyware (Little spendy but it made life so much nicer) as we do alot of theatre rentals/corporate rentals where they have a front lighting truss and we would just hang this off the yokes in no time and were easy to aim.

I'm looking at buying a pair for myself now also. The performance is there. They are great!
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Dan Kebschull

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 05:49:18 PM »

Rick is correct.  The 60x60 can tear your head off as a wedge.  I picked up one of the first pairs when they came out (before bi-amp was an option) and they really paid off.  My first use of them as a wedge was with Scott Lucas (Local H) and they kept up with him just fine.  I wish they came in mirrors...

I use them for mains at a local weekly summer event and in my baby rig for cover bands in small rooms.  They get loud in a nice way.  I also use them for comedy shows with the Bob & Tom comics w/ anywhere from 400-800 people in the room and there's never been an issue with people hearing.

Even using one (point source) in a small bar for solo AQ GTR/Vocal with powered mixer (Yorkville M1610) is MORE than ample when the stage is in a corner.
Dan Kebschull
DMi Sound
Eau Claire, WI

Patrick Dinsmore

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 07:04:53 AM »

hi guys just thought i would add to this, there is another company close to us in belfast that has a large amount of zx5's (not sure what model exactly) but over the summer provided xlc foh and zx5 as monitors for both chemical brothers and pendulum, and as far as i know everyone was happy. i would imagine that if they can get away with them on big name acts like these then they are up to the task.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.