ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Venice 320  (Read 31746 times)

Dan Johnson

Re: Midas Venice 320
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2008, 02:54:14 pm »

It's been a while since I've mixed on it so it's hard to remember little details like the feel of the knobs and stuff.  It definitely didn't feel bad though.  The EQ was comparable to the A&H I'd say.  It does what you'd expect it to do and has the same setup as the A&H (high/low shelving and two sweepable mids, no variable Q controls).

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2008, 03:13:53 pm »

great thanks so much for the info man!
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"
FosterSoundStudios(at)inbox.com
(4) QRX115s (4) SRX 728s Soundcraft GB8, Mackie Onyx 1640, TC Electronics fx.

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2008, 07:03:47 pm »

To add to that, regarding the newish Series 2:

The high pass is sweepable from 30 to 400 hz and can be switched off completely.

The faders are the "long throw, easy slide"-style.

If there is an aux/group flip I havent noticed it.

The phantom switches are on the back and don't have an "on" indicator on the control surface   Sad

There is a switch on each channel to make the auxs PRE EQ when PREfade is selected.

There are no sweeps on the stereo strip EQs.

There is a mono out with separate master fader with each channel routable to this output via a separate assign switch above each channel fader.  Great for "aux-fed" subs.

Build and feel of the console seems fine to me.  The feels isn't as exclusive as a Soundcraft MH-console, but nontheless satisfactory for me.  Every knob seems consistent in feel compared to the others.

The entire desk needs to be opened for servicing, but I'm told each channel may be dismanteled separately from the inside.  Can anyone verify this?

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2008, 09:27:29 pm »

thanks for more info on this board. From the looks of it i really like they layout. I mean its nothing out of the ordinary but i like how all the switches/assignments and everything are ABOVE the faders so when your mixing you have nothing but faders. I am currently liking this board over the GB8 i like the meter bridge too  Twisted Evil
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"
FosterSoundStudios(at)inbox.com
(4) QRX115s (4) SRX 728s Soundcraft GB8, Mackie Onyx 1640, TC Electronics fx.

Sage Plakosh

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2008, 02:52:22 pm »

Nice little desk..I have one and I like it but there are several complaints that I have...

* No polarity
* 60 MM fader?  Why?
* Only 6 aux sends / 2 fixed as pre / 2 fixed as post
* Eq is better than some, but not super impressive
* Pad is built into the preamp, there is no -20 button.

In the end, it's all about the time.

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2008, 10:46:46 am »

Hi, thought I'd give this one a update after having done more gigs with the Soundcraft Series Two - 32.  The board pretty much lives up to what has been discussed before in this tread, but there are, like always, some issues.  So far:

The stereo inputs can't be routed to the mono out, which is a shame as this output is great for "aux"-fed-subs.  So playback sources must be used on mono strips in this configuration.  I use the stereo channels for fx which i don't want in the subs anyway.

It's hard to reach the release button on the L,R,mono XLRs when something is plugged into the matrix outputs.

How hard is it to make all the outputs XLR?  Hard, apparantly....  I now have some TRS-XLR shorties living permanently in the doghouse.

The Q of the sweeps seem a bit wide (I don't know off the top of my head what the value is).  Then again, sometimes you need it wide.  With semi-parametric it's always a compromise, I guess.

The PSU plug is one of those "slow down and concentrate" connectors.

After having done a few jazz and theatre-style gigs it seems the console is not the most noise-free I have worked on.  Not a big deal, but if this is your primary use I would read up on some specs and compare.  Of course, gain structure is one's friend.

This aside, I'm happy with my investment, it seems to be making money and I feel comfortable on the board.

Drew Curtis

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:07 am »

Grayson Rech wrote on Tue, 02 December 2008 17:37

Next was the fact that the EQ section is bypassed in the auxes.  

That kills this desk as being a fill in small monitor desk.  While that might be okay for some, it drives me nutz.

The FX sends are post fade and post EQ, and the AUX 1 and 2 outputs are PRE EQ in PRE FADE mode and POST EQ in POST FADE mode. so you could theoretically get 4 post fade and post eq mixes out of the venice in monitor position. which sucks, but the the MON sends and the only outputs that are always pre EQ.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.