ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building codes  (Read 948 times)

Mats Fagerkull

Building codes
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:55:40 AM »

This one I found at the church forum and it got my attention.

Brad Weber wrote on Thu, 20 November 2008 18:09

I admit that Talladega County is the first area that I have personally run into that apparently has absolutely no building codes or inspection requirements or even any ordinances that I can find, although most of the towns located in the county do seem to have building codes and inspections.  And because it is not a state facility, the Alabama State codes do not apply.

Am I correct to understand that this church is allowed to build without any considerations to building codes (structural, electrical=NEC etc etc)?

I know there are big differences between countries but in Sweden I know you have to do electric, plumbing etc according to national code. Depending on location you might not be subject to permission to build and (city)planning but all kind of building codes are national and obligatory.

How is this working in other countries? LAB members from other countries please share. And our USA friends might also comment how it works on federal and state level.

/mats

Charlie Zureki

Re: Building codes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:24:34 AM »

Mats Fagerkull wrote on Fri, 21 November 2008 06:55

This one I found at the church forum and it got my attention.

Brad Weber wrote on Thu, 20 November 2008 18:09

I admit that Talladega County is the first area that I have personally run into that apparently has absolutely no building codes or inspection requirements or even any ordinances that I can find, although most of the towns located in the county do seem to have building codes and inspections.  And because it is not a state facility, the Alabama State codes do not apply.

Am I correct to understand that this church is allowed to build without any considerations to building codes (structural, electrical=NEC etc etc)?

I know there are big differences between countries but in Sweden I know you have to do electric, plumbing etc according to national code. Depending on location you might not be subject to permission to build and (city)planning but all kind of building codes are national and obligatory.

How is this working in other countries? LAB members from other countries please share. And our USA friends might also comment how it works on federal and state level.

/mats

Talladega County DOES have building codes, every part of the United States has building codes that must meet Federal and Individual State Codes. Most Cities and Townships have amendments to the State and National Codes and are called Building Ordinances.

The only Exemptions to the National Building Codes are Military Bases.

The County may not have an inspector on staff. The City that this Church is in, may not have an inspector on staff.

But, this County/City may rely on State Inspectors or a local Fire Marshall for Code compliance.

Now, whether these Codes are enforced or an Inspector actually inspects the property .... is another matter.

The National Codes for Residential and Commercial Property include Building Construction, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC.

Cheers,
Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.