ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why no other "motor" driven designs ie BassTech7  (Read 8200 times)

Iain_Macdonald

Re: Why no other "motor" driven designs ie BassTech7
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

Quote:

Best,
Tom Danley

Iain i can't think of what Germans or prior art you refer to.

Tom,

We had a SDL5 on the exhibition stand, with the module on top. An elderly gentleman walked up and started asking me about it. He seemed to have some knowledge of the problems regarding the rotary to linear mechanics. When he read the data sheet and the Patent Number, he smiled, and said that he had been doing this back in 196? as I recall. In a mannerly fashion I asked him to provide proof. Then the second day of the show he came back on the stand, and showed me dated plans and drawings. These showed a single flat diaphragm(12" square iirc) connected by gears!!! to a motor. They had been using it for sound effects in a theatre? production. Horn coupling was a under stage passageway. I am sure that it was designed for a single frequency. You may recall that I was dealing with Ford and some crazy building Professor that Charles Rey put in contact. So the idea of a Patent dispute was out of the question. Thankfully this person was just delighted that you had come up with a way to make it work. My remark about it always being Germans, was prompted by the fact that some of them are claiming prior art on a number of topologies in current use on line arrays. We will see what happens.

Best.

Iain.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.