ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another sound guy adding lights - Few questions  (Read 1324 times)

Mark Huber

Another sound guy adding lights - Few questions
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:59:42 PM »

Hello all,

I've been reading the lighting forum alot lately, I normally spend my time over in the marketplace and the LAB. A preemptive thanks to all the lighting pros that help out us lighting newbies.

We are adding lights to our humble sound setup for our band (and a few other small bands we occasionally run sound for) and decided we needed to go with LED par56s for alot of reason (power draw being #1, we never know what mess of an electrical system we'll be on).

I have two of the Irradiant Par56 1/4 watt units, and two more on the way. I've been playing with them using an Elation DMX Operator. Some of the things I'm seeing matches up with what I've read already, that yellows are a real weak spot of an RGB can.

I've been playing back and forth with colors and can't get a pleasing color to light up someone with that basic halogen yellow you get from a traditional par (with no gel).

Is there something I'm missing with my fixtures (I don't think so), is there a LED fixture out there that will give me that? I've been thinking about adding two traditional pars to my setup just for that, but then I have to add dmx dimmer packs and it just gets more and more complicated from there.

Next question, Just playing around with the DMX Operator, I've setup two scenes. When I set a fade time and switch between the scenes, it seems the first fixture fades across, then the second fixture fades across (sequentially, not at the same time). Is this typical? Is there a setting to make them fade at the same time?

Finally, does anyone have a favorite color wheel image that is a good reference for RGB mixing on LEDs?

Mark Huber

Mark Lahn

Re: Another sound guy adding lights - Few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 11:35:45 PM »

I'd definitely add some traditional cans for some true light. LED's are great for accent and colour but not actually killing people with light or getting a true "sun" look. I like to do LED's on the sides and back, and then spotlight. Kill spotlight for some crazy chases for ends of songs.
Yours Audibly,
-Mark Lahn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.