ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leviton LEO - Any real world experience  (Read 2127 times)

Aaron McQueen

Leviton LEO - Any real world experience
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »

Our church is looking to add some ellipsoidals.  We currently have minimal stage lighting.  I've been looking at the Leviton/NSI LEO's.  I saw Craig's earlier review from LDI, but I wonder if anyone has actually used these and how they have performed.  I'm looking at the 26 degree so we can change every fixture to either 19 or 36.  It looks like we can get these for around $250ea with a 575W lamp. Any advice would be helpful.

Brian Ship

Re: Leviton LEO - Any real world experience
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:52:22 PM »

Nope in my case, no experience but it's not persay a Leviton fixture, instead it's a Colortran Lighting Fixture which goes back about a century in development and history beyond any ... err seeming similarities to other more commonly used fixtures that might come to mind these days.

Is going to perform within a margin sufficiently as a third generation Leko... Don't Know, never tested one.   Would I expect it to be sufficient and simlar to a Shakesphere, Strand or L&E, amongst similar lamp using brands... yea, I would.

Overall, would I if blind buying it on a budget get it... yea, it probably will be fine in general as a Leko.  This if more economical than that of the other brands more familar with, including a used version of one.

If on the other hand a fixture specified by your local electrical supplier or electrical contractor... sounds familiar to them due to it being Leviton... not so much to the clients that are your end users.  Will it be fine for the end user perhaps... but would they more recognize another brand also yes.

Aaron McQueen

Re: Leviton LEO - Any real world experience
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:25:18 PM »

I placed the order for 8 fixtures today.  I let everyone know how they work out.  If they are good, we'll add another 8 next year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 19 queries.