ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need some help designing!  (Read 1391 times)

Travis Riddle

• http://myspace.com/discrete
need some help designing!
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:03:13 PM »

So.....i am trying to put together a lighting system that would be adequate for up to 1000 people. I want to do high sensory type lighting but i know this would cost a fair amount of money. I am looking at a 5-10k$ price range. Effect/Moving lighting is what i am really looking at right now. I purchased 25 Par64 cans so i have those to put with. Let me know what you guys think would fit my situation. I can give more info on details so just ask. Thanks!
"God called.....he said he wants his job back!!"

Brian Houchin

Re: need some help designing!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »

Is this for a band, a dj or both?  What about the area to be covered, how big, is it a dance floor or a stage?

What will the lights be hung from?  Is the system permanent or portable?
Did Beethoven need a PA?

Travis Riddle

• http://myspace.com/discrete
Re: need some help designing!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 05:20:37 PM »

Brian Houchin wrote on Mon, 27 October 2008 16:08

Is this for a band, a dj or both?  What about the area to be covered, how big, is it a dance floor or a stage?

What will the lights be hung from?  Is the system permanent or portable?

Its for both. Area to be covered is approximately 100x200. The lighting i have i am goin to use for coverage of the band. I want to have some effect lighting on the stage but i want about 85 percent of it in the crowd. I really liked the lighting at HOB dallas. I know it will be impossible to reproduce that on my very tight budget. But any suggestions to get me along those lines will be awesome. I love the bright washout effects and i really like the white laser trace type lights. I am very ignorant when it comes to lighting so please forgive me!

btw i am not concerned about the size of the system or setup time. I just want the best thing for the money and what i need. High sensory lighting!
"God called.....he said he wants his job back!!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.