ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed DJ gear choices  (Read 43 times)

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Installed DJ gear choices
« on: Yesterday at 04:17:58 PM »

An install client wants basic gear for when the hired DJ's show up without theirs.
I haven't dealt with this since 2010 and I don't recognize anything anymore when I'm looking through gear websites.
When I last did this aspect of an install it was Pioneer DJM and CDJ's a Serato box and possibly a pair of Technics 1200's
The booth on this project will just be a large empty counter with a set of XLR's for main and monitors (overhead flown)  any gear will be individually cased, stored somewhere BOH and deployed as needed.
High end restaurant DJ background but configurable for dance floor if needed for private functions.  Adjacent to an actual nightclub so gear would be shared for usage there too.
Doesn't have to be the top of the line but if it was a PA mixer would be more like an M32 instead of a Digico (it may not be your first choice but you still can actually run a good show on it)

So should we be looking at one of those all-in-one systems (like XDJ-XZ) Or still go with separates (like CDJ900NXS + DJM750MK2)?
-is there other brands we should be looking at?  Is Serato still a thing?

Thanks for any clarity on this subject
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Tracy Garner

Re: Installed DJ gear choices
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:48:59 PM »

As a DJ, I would setup a small mixer the staff can use to do canned music and the DJ can "bring their own controller" to the gig. Most times DJs will use their own controller anyway and some DJs will just sit their controller on top of the house one (not good). Almost every controller I've seen that belongs to the house has something wrong with it anyway like platters malfunctioning or some knob broken or missing or drink was poured into it.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:51:04 PM »

As a DJ, I would setup a small mixer the staff can use to do canned music and the DJ can "bring their own controller" to the gig. Most times DJs will use their own controller anyway and some DJs will just sit their controller on top of the house one (not good). Almost every controller I've seen that belongs to the house has something wrong with it anyway like platters malfunctioning or some knob broken or missing or drink was poured into it.
You could rent when necessary.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:04:39 PM »

For the Wedding DJ side of my operation, I've gotten away from the high-end stuff simply due to expense and life-cycle obsolescence.

In the DJ world something equivalent to an M32 would be the Denon Prime 4 which is what I use for the mobile systems.  That's what I would install for a good "House System" - if they want something else, bring it themselves - plug and play from there.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:04:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.