ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: The BT (Balanced Tilter)  (Read 45884 times)

Dave Rickard

Re: The BT (Balanced Tilter)
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »

Nimrod Webber wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 08:49

Rick Powell wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 16:22

Nimrod,

Nice packaging, but I'd bet that 90% of weekend warriors in USA leave them attached to their On Stage speaker stands between uses Crying or Very Sad

Not sure what you're referring to by "On Stage" stands.

I think he means $49 tripods.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Gerry Seymour

• My Professional Website
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »

Nimrod Webber wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 09:49

Rick Powell wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 16:22

Nimrod,

Nice packaging, but I'd bet that 90% of weekend warriors in USA leave them attached to their On Stage speaker stands between uses Crying or Very Sad

Not sure what you're referring to by "On Stage" stands.

If you mean permanent installs, then they don't need fold-able stands and BT-12s
(or any other pole mounted tilting adaptors for for that matter) in the first place.
They can use any wall mounted support with built in tilt capability.

If you mean keeping them attached to the stands when folded and not in use, then they may have two issues:

1. I don't think a standard speaker stand bag (or dedicated case) will take the extra 6" (150mm) needed for the BT-12.
2. And, the one who doesn't use proper bag or case for his stands (and/or his other equipment...)
will probably (also) not bother tilting his cabs, or spend money on a tilting adaptor in the first place.

I think realizing the importance of tilting for better coverage, as well as wanting your gear to keep looking as new,
go together and are few of the 'signs' of pro and seasoned audio techs.

I am offering a solution for both.  

Smile

He's talking about the cheap speaker stands found leaning against the wall next to my....

Um, he means low-end stands used by many who don't take such good care of their equipment.

I'd argue that someone who isn't spending over $150 on a stand (in most cases, a pair) is unlikely to spend $500 on tilters, as their cabs probably don't cost $500 each. Not the BT12's market.
Gerry Seymour

Professional Trainer and Speaker
(with lighting/audio experience)

anything that moves will eventually die

anything that doesn't move is probably already dead - James Feenstra

BarryWillems

« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2010, 08:42:03 PM »

Ouch. I have been following this thread awaiting the availability of this product. But alas, $460 a pair + shipping? Looks like a quality product, for sure, but this is pricey for a pretty basic function. Now I will be waiting for some very rave reviews before considering a purchase.

Jon Smith

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2010, 09:22:25 PM »

BarryWillems wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 18:42

Ouch. I have been following this thread awaiting the availability of this product. But alas, $460 a pair + shipping? Looks like a quality product, for sure, but this is pricey for a pretty basic function. Now I will be waiting for some very rave reviews before considering a purchase.

Expensive, yes. But I see it as a tool that I will be happy with every time I use it! I paid $120 for a set of K&M Speaker tilts (#19670.000.55) I used twice and they now sit in the bottom of a case unused. I didn't feel comfortable using them with my EV Sx250's. Right at the weight limit for one, approax. 50lbs. Second the forward tilt, COG, sandbagging situation ugly looking indoors. I always felt like they were going to break the stand or fall and really hurt someone. Another thing was the tilt adjustment. It was a guessing game to get the same angle on both tilts let alone have the cabinets squared looking to the audience. If you've ever used this product you know what I mean.

So to wrap up a kind of product review if you will, the time to set up, adjust the angle be happy with the look and feel safe with a product, hands down I can't wait for Nimrod to put these up for sale!

Kind of like the old Mervyns ad, open, open open...  Very Happy

Jon

edit: added K&M Model Number
My only real worry is they'll solve the problem just before I release my protest song

Life is timing, Living kills you!

Gerry Seymour

• My Professional Website
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »

Jon Smith wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 20:22

BarryWillems wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 18:42

Expensive, yes. But I see it as a tool that I will be happy with every time I use it! I paid $120 for a set of K&M Speaker tilts (#19670.000.55) I used twice and they now sit in the bottom of a case unused. I didn't feel comfortable using them with my EV Sx250's. Right at the weight limit for one, approax. 50lbs. Second the forward tilt, COG, sandbagging situation ugly looking indoors. I always felt like they were going to break the stand or fall and really hurt someone. Another thing was the tilt adjustment. It was a guessing game to get the same angle on both tilts let alone have the cabinets squared looking to the audience. If you've ever used this product you know what I mean.

So to wrap up a kind of product review if you will, the time to set up, adjust the angle be happy with the look and feel safe with a product, hands down I can't wait for Nimrod to put these up for sale!

Kind of like the old Mervyns ad, open, open open...  Very Happy

Jon

edit: added K&M Model Number

+1

Tech budget is hard to come by in our organization, but I'll be lobbying hard for a pair of these in our rig upgrade, for the times when I can't fly the mains. If I have to, I'll buy them, myself.
Gerry Seymour

Professional Trainer and Speaker
(with lighting/audio experience)

anything that moves will eventually die

anything that doesn't move is probably already dead - James Feenstra

Rick Powell

« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »

[quote title=Gerry Seymour wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 15:47]
Quote:

He's talking about the cheap speaker stands found leaning against the wall next to my....

Um, he means low-end stands used by many who don't take such good care of their equipment.

I'd argue that someone who isn't spending over $150 on a stand (in most cases, a pair) is unlikely to spend $500 on tilters, as their cabs probably don't cost $500 each. Not the BT12's market.

I agree, for the price, it is less likely that weekend warriors with $50 stands will be a big customer.  I really would like a pair myself, and have the cash, but I will also have to weigh my needs before popping for a pair.  And with a nice tool like the BT looks to be, I would want to keep them in good condition.  Reminds me, I need to order those padded covers for my Triple 8's.
Rick Powell
StudioLive 16:4:2
JTR Triple 8 Mains
Danley TH115 Subwoofers
Bag End TA15 Floor Monitors
Crown xti6000/4000/2000

"There are two types of people...those who divide people into two types, and those who don't."

frank kayser

« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »

These look to be wonderful tools.
The price did give me pause -

Nimrod, as I understand previous posts, will not be making a square million of these, and as it is a manufacturing short run, he'll need to cover his costs.  Short runs are always much more expensive per piece, given the setup and all.  We've all followed his trials in getting these produced, and there is probably much more we have not seen.  I have no doubt these are a quality product.

I guess we'll have to wait for some unscrupulous company to copy them, and make them in China, for them to be "cheap".

BarryWillems

« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »

Hey, I have no problem shelling out a little more money for truly top quality gear. However, at this price point I will need more than mock-up pics and everyone sort of guessing about how nice these things will be. I'm looking forward to some feedback from real users of the production versions before I dive in. Also, I expect shipping these to the US will be pricey (assuming air freight versus waiting months for the water-based route). So I guess I wait a little longer to see what happens. Still quite interested at this point.

Jon Smith

« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »

BarryWillems wrote on Tue, 06 April 2010 16:17

Hey, I have no problem shelling out a little more money for truly top quality gear. However, at this price point I will need more than mock-up pics and everyone sort of guessing about how nice these things will be. I'm looking forward to some feedback from real users of the production versions before I dive in. Also, I expect shipping these to the US will be pricey (assuming air freight versus waiting months for the water-based route). So I guess I wait a little longer to see what happens. Still quite interested at this point.

Barry, didn't mean to imply anything by my post. Sorry if it came across that way. I have been following Nimrods progress with the development of this product so for me it has been one of those, ”I gotta have that,“ type thing.  Shocked

Also, until you pointed it out I had not noticed Nimrod was in Israel. Embarassed So, I will still be an early bird on the purchase and give a review I hope to be glorious. Very Happy

Jon “tilting at windmills” Smith
My only real worry is they'll solve the problem just before I release my protest song

Life is timing, Living kills you!

Rick Stansby

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2010, 02:33:28 PM »

BarryWillems wrote on Tue, 06 April 2010 15:17

I wonder if Nimrod would be willing to provide a pair for the PSW Road Test.  
Rick
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.