ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: using a mix of cabs for foh  (Read 4279 times)

scott schick

Re: using a mix of cabs for foh
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 12:22:06 AM »

I will continue to lurk here, read and learn...I was told a year ago by many in the biz that I could not pull off a similar show...I got it done! My original question was about the tops...I have the crew in place. I own the company and use these forums to consider my options. The provider they have been using does a fine job and I have already asked the festival why they were looking elsewhere...his reason is the fact that we are local and has seen what we have done at another local festival. I have already expressed to him that I thought the other company does a fine job and to keep us in mind in the event something goes wrong.

so, with that being said. My idea was to fly the mth on the front truss to help coverage. There is usually about 1500 people who show up and all in lawn chairs. I already know where my short comings are. I appreciate all the replies and thanks for the warm welcome.

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
Re: using a mix of cabs for foh
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 11:04:10 AM »

Here's my take on it. As far as the EV/JBL mix goes. I think the BE will freak if he walks in and sees different model and make cabinets stacked together for FOH. A way around this would be to use the EV's for the mains and the JBL's for some delay towers. While this arrangement may not be rider friendly, it is a much easier pill to swallow than having a mismatched set of mains...

Also, consider the monitor situation. These older classic rock bands are hard on monitors. They are usually quite deaf at this point in their carreer. If you can't provide some absolutely stupid loud wedges and sidefills, consider renting a monitor rig. I'm not kidding here. We're talking painfully loud wedges for these acts.

HTH....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.