ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: U15P shutting off?  (Read 2153 times)

Tate_Tullis

U15P shutting off?
« on: October 11, 2008, 03:10:46 AM »

So ive had the U15P's for a few months now and lately they will just turn off. For no reason at all. I reset them and nothing happens, so today during the show I just plugged them into the next available circuit. The breaker didnt trip or anything, just turned off. Anyone have any ideas? This ever happened to anyone?
Gamma Productions
Live Sound and Lighting
www.gammaprod.com
tate@gammaprod.com
(435) 770-6575

Phil LaDue

Re: U15P shutting off?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 10:30:02 PM »

Are they still under warranty?

Dave Rickard

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 10:38:30 PM »

Tate Tullis wrote on Sat, 11 October 2008 01:10

So ive had the U15P's for a few months now and lately they will just turn off. For no reason at all. I reset them and nothing happens, so today during the show I just plugged them into the next available circuit. The breaker didnt trip or anything, just turned off. Anyone have any ideas? This ever happened to anyone?

Indicator lights but no sound, or no lights at all?
What do you mean you reset them?
Did they work when you plugged them into the next available circuit?
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:43:21 AM »

Are you sending them into protect?  (ie thermal)  Does it happen randomly or when you are really pushing them hard?  Any pattern?  Both boxes at the same time?  What do you do to get them going again after this happens?

Tate_Tullis

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 04:41:54 PM »

They worked just fine until some random part. I wasnt pushing them very hard at all. Simply just shut off. No lights, no nothing. So I hurried and plugged them into the next availble power source and they came back on. Its happened twice now but only one side. I run two per side over two ls808s per side. It wouldnt have anything to do with the drive snake would it? There isnt a very good chance I just happened to use the same ones twice on the same side (its happened twice in different venues and the same side went down both times)
Gamma Productions
Live Sound and Lighting
www.gammaprod.com
tate@gammaprod.com
(435) 770-6575

Dave Rickard

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 01:50:12 AM »

Tate Tullis wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 14:41

They worked just fine until some random part. I wasnt pushing them very hard at all. Simply just shut off. No lights, no nothing. So I hurried and plugged them into the next availble power source and they came back on. Its happened twice now but only one side. I run two per side over two ls808s per side. It wouldnt have anything to do with the drive snake would it? There isnt a very good chance I just happened to use the same ones twice on the same side (its happened twice in different venues and the same side went down both times)

Let me rephrase this--

TWO (maybe different) cabinets simultaneously fail, and self-repair on two different gigs, but only on one side (the same side both times).

This doesn't sound like a speaker issue.  

How are you powering them?  Any possibility of an AC cable or connector issue?  Are they on a power strip?

Number your cabs and rearrange them, if nothing else, to troubleshoot, but then you'll have to have multiple failures to verify things.  Hmmm.  Divide and conquer.

Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Tate_Tullis

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

We had two different power sources both shows. One a 220 distro the other (they lied about having power hook ups) so we ran extension cords everywhere. I really doubt I used the same power cords to the speakers. Could it possibly be a drive snake issue?

Ill number them and see if this happens again and ill check the connectors on the drive snake.
Gamma Productions
Live Sound and Lighting
www.gammaprod.com
tate@gammaprod.com
(435) 770-6575

Dave Rickard

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »

Tate Tullis wrote on Mon, 13 October 2008 14:10

We had two different power sources both shows. One a 220 distro the other (they lied about having power hook ups) so we ran extension cords everywhere. I really doubt I used the same power cords to the speakers. Could it possibly be a drive snake issue?

Ill number them and see if this happens again and ill check the connectors on the drive snake.

Does your drivesnake carry AC?  

Long shot: Maybe a source of ultrasonic signal/oscillation in your system that the speakers can't reproduce but the amp section sees?
Dave
Yorkville dealer

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.